Music

Music

A Poem by Nish Nish the Fish
"

A simple poem that follows rhythm and describes music in an accurate tentative way.

"

A clash of vibration, a battle of sound,
A whirlpool of voices, all limits unbound.
An infinite rhythm, and order of notes,  
A balance of feelings, that won’t rock the boat.
 
Each word after word, and each line after line,
Notes weave through your heart like a meaningful vine.
While a story hides beneath every great phrase,
It’s emitting wonder that lingers always.
 
An excess of language, an immortal life,
A genuine feeling, that comes, not in strife.
A mixture of magic, a sandstorm of rhyme,
Unspeakable beauty, through enduring time.

 

© 2009 Nish Nish the Fish


Author's Note

Nish Nish the Fish
what do you think of the descriptive aspect of the poem? How can i be more thorough in terms of what I'm trying to convey. Which lines/phrases sound cheesy?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This doesn't sound cheesy to me in the slightest.. Which is impressive, because its very hard to keep on the innovative side when talking about music! Great job, I was going to post my favorite parts, but I'm afraid I enjoyed the whole thing thoroughly, and would be copy/pasting the entire thing in my review! :) Love it, can't wait to read more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This doesn't sound cheesy to me in the slightest.. Which is impressive, because its very hard to keep on the innovative side when talking about music! Great job, I was going to post my favorite parts, but I'm afraid I enjoyed the whole thing thoroughly, and would be copy/pasting the entire thing in my review! :) Love it, can't wait to read more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think this poem is classically written and the last four lines describe the talent you showed in writing it. no lines or phrases sound cheesy to me because sometimes simplicity is just whats needed. keep writing i would love to hear more

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your descriptions were varied as music well done. The rhythm was great...easy and compelling.

Clash, battle, whirlpool, order, balance, meaningful vine...all describe types of music or passages in great works etc.

As a musician and music lover I truly appreciated this very good poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
13 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 2, 2009
Last Updated on September 5, 2009

Author

Nish Nish the Fish
Nish Nish the Fish

Kansas City, KS



About
I feel this deserves an update..seeing as i'm no longer 16 ;) Well, of course i still love writing poetry, I'm actually in a poetry class right now! It's dandy.. I like the color red, alot. I C.. more..

Writing