Wordless Poetry; Ode to Confidence

Wordless Poetry; Ode to Confidence

A Poem by Nish Nish the Fish

I want to contort my body in such a way, to express my stiffness.


I want to show someone the delicate, glass-like nature of my voice, without speaking to them.


I want to show someone the warmth of my physical embrace, without touching them,

And I want them to soak in the enormous amount of happiness that I’ve collected, without ever letting them see me smile.

 

I want someone to shudder in my presence, because I have the world to offer.

 

I want them to see the sparkling crystals in my eyes that could light up a black hole, even while I’m sleeping.

 

I want to ensure someone of my stunning beauty that illuminates on the darkest of Halloween nights, while I’m wearing the scariest of masks.

 

I want someone to be aware of my artistic potential, even when my canvas is blank,

 

And I want them to know the rainbow of colors in my life, although the shirt i'm wearing is white.

 

I want people to see the flower buds that blossom with my touch, keeping in mind my lack of experience in maintaining a garden.

 

I want to think I’m pretty without being called self absorbed.

I want to feel confident without being considered as insensitive.

I want to be nice without being accused of my so called innocence.


I want to believe in science without being told that I’m going to hell.

I want to love life without being questioned about my hidden sorrows.

I want to promote peace without being called a hypocrite

 

And, I want to write a poem, without using any words.

 

 

© 2011 Nish Nish the Fish


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this is An amazingly written metaphor that edifies the reader with inspiring effects,
I for one feel uplifted after absorbing the motivating imagery and the sense of taking control of destiny
knowing that happiness can be achevied when looking at possiblities with a positive perspective.
thanks for sharing your talent Nish

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow! I think this is a great mindset for yourself. I believe you will go far if you follow these simple guidelines that you've laid out for yourself here. Always think positive, and good things will happen :) Wonderful piece!!

B.A.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"Everyone" is a rather encompassing term. There are a great amount of people who might benefit if some others in this world felt a little worse about themselves. I could start with a list of dictators, murderers and self-serving politicians to accentuate my logic but I don't think it necessary as by now I will have made my point. I found the content of the piece quite enjoyable. The desire and need for acceptance is a primal instinct for survival. But even if we lay bare the human soul; is there another soul brave enough to touch it? If we wear our heart on our sleave and the sleave is torn, then what? But I think a good many of these items in this piece are reasonable to have on a wish list in a personal relationship. And from what I've read I do think you should be able to feel great about yourself. Well written and introspective, the writing inspires the philosophic nature of the reader. Kudos on this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This makes me think of wanting to be accepted for who I am and not for what people want me to be. It is hard to find anyone to view you like this poem. If you find that person keep them because they see your soul. I loved the comparisons in this poem especially writing a poem without using words, you can do it too, just use your eyes.. Excellent write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah! That was simply beautiful..
The metaphor was simply outstanding!
The closing lines really concluded the entire piece brilliantly..
Great work :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this was really good!
Great Job

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW at first i put this poem on my things to read list but im so glad i read it this was simply amazing, million kudos

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very nice poem! and good word choice!! and i love the line: "And I want them to soak in the enormous amount of happiness that I've collected, without ever letting them see me smile." Love it! :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

holy s**t nisha!
this is sooo good
i can't even explain how good it is.
your amazing at writing!:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is awesome! Lipless thoughts and definitions of you is what I gather from this poem...your desire. I love it! Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is An amazingly written metaphor that edifies the reader with inspiring effects,
I for one feel uplifted after absorbing the motivating imagery and the sense of taking control of destiny
knowing that happiness can be achevied when looking at possiblities with a positive perspective.
thanks for sharing your talent Nish

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1457 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 3, 2009
Last Updated on July 10, 2011

Author

Nish Nish the Fish
Nish Nish the Fish

Kansas City, KS



About
I feel this deserves an update..seeing as i'm no longer 16 ;) Well, of course i still love writing poetry, I'm actually in a poetry class right now! It's dandy.. I like the color red, alot. I C.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..