Genesis

Genesis

A Chapter by Mythrodorr
"

Creation story for the world of Dawn.

"
In the beginning, the Fates planted a tree. They nurtured it until it bore fruit in the form of the first realm, Lulynn. From the wilderness of Lulynn came the Slyflien, the first of the humanoid races. Many years past and the Slyflien surpassed the beasts in intelligence. They used their inherit magic capabilities to advance their culture, religion and technologies. Everything was peaceful.
However, there were some of the Slyflien that were unhappy with the slow pace that progression was taking. These Slyflien were known as the Levians. The discoverers of the outer void. A place of darkness and chaos. In an experiment to reach out to the outer void, the Levians accidentally contacted the outsiders, a race of mysterious, incorporeal and powerful aliens capable of possessing he minds of mortals. With the outsiders help and technology, the Levians broke the bark of the world tree, allowing the Outsiders known as The Blaak to enter the multiverse and start their campaign of destruction and domination. Fortunately for the Slyflien, not every outsider was evil. alongside the Blaak were the Gren, a faction of outsiders that wished to leave Lulynn to grow at its own rate.
Because of the Outsiders lack of corporeal bodies, they were forced to choose champions, 24 each, to wage their war in their stead. these champions were named the parties of Grenlevian and Blaaklevian. Each member of these parties was implanted with an outsider soul fragment, giving them extraordinary, alien powers while making them immune to the outsiders possession. The two parties met on the battlefield of Ruuktol, under the roots of the world tree. While only lasting 3 hours, the battle was so intense and destructive it cause the world tree itself to start to fracture. In the end, the Gren and their champions stood victorious in the aftermath of what will forever be known as the battle of Grenlevian.
Unfortunately, the world tree was too broken to save, and soon fractured under the stress of the forces that battled under it. The Gren were able to save only the trunk, leaving the branches to fall and the leaf seeds to scatter on the wind, each birthing a new realm. Some Slyflien were scattered among the leaves, evolving and branching off into the many races of mortal humanoids we see today. Others fell with the branches, evolving to become the demons, devils and other creatures of darkness. while others still, managed to cling to the trunk and evolve, becoming the fey, celestials, and other creatures of light.
This phenomenon is known as the Seeding, and in the chaos of it, the Blaak were able to escape to the far reaches of the multiverse and go into hiding, The Gren pledged their existence to finding them and keeping the same thing from happening again. The two parties disbanded, scattering across the multiverse to settle down. The Levians power follows the descendants of the original wielder, finding a new descendant once the old wielder dies.


© 2016 Mythrodorr


Author's Note

Mythrodorr
Not sure how to word the last part. Basically only one descent can have the power at a time and when they die, a random descent of the same original Levian awakens to their power. It needs to be in there as its important to understand the second war.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on July 24, 2016
Last Updated on July 29, 2016


Author

Mythrodorr
Mythrodorr

lake kiowa, TX



About
Im mostly a fiction-fantasy writer. I mostly write for my local D&D campaign but I'll write some serious stuff every once in a while. more..

Writing