You Are Loved

You Are Loved

A Story by Myst96
"

My two cents on Depression

"
Depression is not something that you can take lightly. You can't say something like, "I am not happy, therefore I am depressed". Depression is a state of mind in which you feel emptiness, hopelessness, and/or self-loathing.
People with depression tend to ask things like, "why am I still alive?", "Why would anyone care about me?", "It would be easier if I just die, no one will miss me". Waking up in the morning, only to think, "Why do I wake up at all? Everyday is the same, its like being in an endless loophole".
Its hard to recognise someone with depression because they are normal human beings. They can be happy when they're with their friends, making jokes, tell stories, laugh together, but when they get home, and the crippling depression start to take its toll, they will start feeling like nothing matters, filling their heads with these poisonous thoughts.
My favourite band's lead singer killed himself due to depression, thinking that it is the only way to escape from the voices in his head, without even realising the consequences toward his family, friends, and fans.
You can't tell someone who is depressed to "get over it" or "just ignore it". Ignoring your problems will only create more problems. Be there for them whenever they need you. Help them find a reason to live.

© 2018 Myst96


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well said and I hope it helps us understand this dreadful condition more fully. And always stay in contact with those who suffer, even when it seems they are pushing you away, because that may be the most important time to keep contact.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
1 Review
Added on February 15, 2018
Last Updated on February 15, 2018

Author

Myst96
Myst96

Malaysia



About
Hi. I'm still new to writing. Got a few ideas in my head and I figured, might as well write them down and share to others. Feel free to leave your feedback. Have a nice day. more..

Writing
Sofia Sofia

A Story by Myst96