Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Christian Williams
"

The main setup of the series :)

"

In this vast and magnificent world we live in, we have discovered over time that there are special beings among us. Beings that possess wondrous abilities. Some call those abilities superpowers, god-given talents, even magic. Each person is born with a different, and sometimes unique elemental power. These people have come to be known as "Rooks". Rooks are humans that are born with a special and natural ability that can be closely categorized into at least twenty-five different types or Sorts. 

Rooks are not the only individuals with the gift of having abilities. Among them, there are others, more special beings that live in a secluded society. Only a few have been known throughout history. They have been laid down through time as heroes, and mighty warriors.They will only use their offensive abilities to help others in need. 

They have been known to possess five abilities at once. These beings can use their abilities by achieving great focus, and strength. The five powers they control earned them the title "Stars" after the five-pointed shape. Humans, Rooks, and even Stars have lived their lives separate, yet in harmony for thousands of years. 

Most Rooks have taken the route of becoming citizens who help others by doing heroic deeds. Some may choose to fight in a group, while others fly solo. There are even some Rooks who to take the path of being regular human beings, choosing to never use their abilities. 

Even though most Rooks are born with a good heart, a few have sprouted from the shadows recently. It is uncertain how it happened, but many strange sightings have been happening now in our world more than ever. Not seen in the general population, these sly forces of darkness manipulate the world around them, trying to seize all that is valuable to them beneath the watchful eye of the heroic Rooks and Stars.



© 2012 Christian Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The story sounds like my kind of thing. Really interesting and well written, without grammar mistakes as far as I'm able to tell. The only thing I minded here is the feeling of being drawn too fast into the whole Rooks and Stars ordeal, but I'm sure you'll develop everything the way it's supposed to be in further chapters.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Some call those abilities superpowers, god-given talents----God-given

Each person is born with a different, and sometimes unique elemental power. ----no comma

and mighty warriors.They will only use their offensive ---space between the period and They

This sounds like a wonderful book :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


very interesting and easy read! enlightened and still want more. =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


The story sounds like my kind of thing. Really interesting and well written, without grammar mistakes as far as I'm able to tell. The only thing I minded here is the feeling of being drawn too fast into the whole Rooks and Stars ordeal, but I'm sure you'll develop everything the way it's supposed to be in further chapters.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2012
Last Updated on April 7, 2012


Author

Christian Williams
Christian Williams

Columbus, OH



About
I just got into writing last year when my friend sent me a long message that turned out to be an unfinished story. She implied that I use my imagination and write two or more pages before passing it b.. more..

Writing