Dragon's Oath

Dragon's Oath

A Story by Rdotinc.

This is the tale of a dragon and a princess.
Not once upon a time, for time can wait, everything can wait for these two.
This tale begins with the dragon's oath
"Though I may surround you, you are not my captive.
Though I may be willful, my will is not imposed on you.
Though my intentions are pure, I will sin for your safety.
Love me, hate me, loathe me, or appreciate me.
All of your emotions I will endure. All of your pain, your sorrow, your tears, every hurt you've ever felt.
I would gladly swallow it all. Along with my pride, my fears, my anxiety, and any other hindrance. 
For you are the fire in my belly, the sharpness of my fangs, the desire in my eyes.
My wings shall be your shadow and shelter no matter how many miles apart we are.
For every white knight who shines of fool's gold, for every charmer who turns into a snake, for every unworthy contestant.
I will expose them for what they truly are. I will not fall, falter, or fail.
If necessary I will turn this world into nothing more than smoldering cinders and fading ash.
For my devotion is more dangerous than any false enlightenment or begs for forgiveness.
I may not be invincible but I cannot be slain. 
For I am your dragon,you are my princess, and this is my oath"

To be continued...

The story continues at the very end.
"My oath was not to be taken lightly. They were not the simple words of fool looking only at the stars.
You betrayed a beast who only wanted your happiness.
But that didn't mean for you to play my emotions as if they were a game.
I said that my intentions were pure, but I would sin for your safety.
It was your intentions that were tainted and you're the true sinner.
I said I would endure everything that you had to offer, so I will.
I will endure your betrayal, your heartlessness, your vanity, and every other fault that you have stored within yourself. 
I stared you in the face and swallowed my pride without a wince.
And you stared into my eyes while your fingers were crossed behind your back.
Take these final words in stride, my wings shall never be your shelter or your shadow ever again.
May the miles between us grow farther and farther with each passing day.
May every fake knight, snake in the grass, and cliched Casanova pull you down to the lowest levels of humanity.
You are no longer the fire in my belly, the sharpness of my fangs, or the desire in my eyes.
You are nothing, not even a whisper in the back of mind or dust in the wind.
You fell, you faltered, and you failed.
This world is no longer in danger of being turned to cinders and ash, rather you are in danger .
For my devotion is more dangerous than any temporary pain or thoughts of forgiveness.
I am not invincible, but you haven't slain me.
For I am a dragon, you are nothing, and this is farewell.

© 2011 Rdotinc.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on October 16, 2011
Last Updated on October 16, 2011

Author

Rdotinc.
Rdotinc.

wherever i am



About
its a secret more..

Writing
War of Love War of Love

A Poem by Rdotinc.