Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by "...N8..."

The Skeleton’s sudden outburst freaked me out and I walked back a few paces. I took a total of four steps back. On the fourth step the skeleton rushed forward and slashed with his sword. The world went black as my head throbbed with pain.

          When I came through the skeleton was back in his spot as if he hadn’t moved at all. I realized with a start that I wasn’t hurt. In fact I felt perfectly fine. “How is it that you cut my head open, but I feel perfectly fine?”

          This place is timeless. It is not like the place you came from in many ways. For one, only the holder of the sword can access this place or the knowledge it holds. Also, you, Gale Warrior, will never die in this place. So long as you wish to stay, you may. Remember this; above all else, this place is not a refuge. Although time runs freely here, out there in your world, you will find that time has not gone on without you. Your troubles in the present will still be your troubles when you return. The purpose of this place is to train the Gale Warrior.

          “Teach me then, I don’t see what harm it could do.”

          Good, now, at the ready!

          “What do you mean by at the ready?”

          Stand in the ready position.”

          “What is the ready position?”

          The position in which you are standing and feel most able to ward off any threat from all sides, this is my ready position” the skeleton made its sword level with its head and his left gloved hand curled to a fist by the hilt, “At this position, I can jump out of the way from any attack, and my sword can be made ready to parry any sword strike from any direction. This is my ready position.”



© 2010 "...N8..."


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on January 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 7, 2010


Author

"...N8..."
"...N8..."

La Push, WA



About
Favorite quotes- "I'm here becaus Dumbledor asked me to, end of story, good bye... any questions?" - Mad-Eye Moody, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire "The past is history, the future a mystery, .. more..

Writing
Chapter #1 Chapter #1

A Chapter by "...N8..."