The Paladin's Hunt

The Paladin's Hunt

A Story by N.D. Reed
"

A vignette/flash fiction based on an original dark fantasy world I lovingly created. A "Paladin" is a individual who specialises in policing people born with magical abilities.

"
The Paladin inched closer to the door. His breathing heavy and slow. He was worried that it would give him away, but he already knew she had nowhere to run. He was a Paladin and she was a mage, rogue and criminal; two mortal enemies locked in yet another fight. One could only wonder who would emerge as the victor. He drew his sword and crept right up to the door. He was so close he could hear her inside. The splinters from the wooden door pressed into his gloves as he pushed it open. It creaked to signal his presence. She now knew that this was it; the reaper’s call. The mage did not say a word. Her face did all the talking, with its pale shock and frozen expression. A wintery chill flowed through the room and signalled the coming of death. The hunt had reached its end.

© 2016 N.D. Reed


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on July 3, 2016
Last Updated on July 14, 2016
Tags: Story, fantasy, dark fantasy, paladin, worldbuilding, lore, crime, hunt, run

Author

N.D. Reed
N.D. Reed

United Kingdom



About
(Amateur) Writer and Poet. Read my speculative script based on Andrzej Sapkowski's "The Witcher" here: http://imgur.com/MuAct8m Most of my stories take place in a dark fantasy world of my own ma.. more..

Writing