Chapter 1: Nightmare

Chapter 1: Nightmare

A Chapter by Nick
"

Ben Asend Is a 18 year old boy who seems to know something that the rest of his family doesn't remember. A young girl named Grace is involved but how? Those are just a few of the many questions that will eventualy be answered.

"

 

   A shriek of terror echoed throughout the dark two-story house. Within this house was a lovely family of five. A boy awakens from the noise of what sounds like a struggle. Ben sat in silence wondering if it was his imagination. A thud was heard from the room next to his.
     “Grace” is all he could say as morbid possibilities crossed his mind.
   He got off of his bed and rushed out his room. He was in the moonlit hall and stood in fear as he noticed Grace’s bedroom door half-open.
     “Grace? Are you awake?” he whispered as he slowly pushed the door completely open.
   The little girl sat up on her bed, head bowed, her long wavy black hair in her face.
     “I’m fine Ben. Go back to bed.” The girl’s voice was calm and had a bit of a rasp.
     “Are you sure? I had heard a loud noise come from this room.”
   There was something squirming from under the bed, followed by a muffled out screaming. Graces head darted at Ben and she yelled for him to go back to bed. By the look of Grace’s face, he knew that it wasn’t his sister staring at him. This thing’s face was scrunched together looking extremely disfigured and her voice was as deep as a man’s sounding almost demonic. Without hesitation he dropped to the floor to get a look under the bed. He gasped and saw his real sister coiled in a horde of black moving tentacles. She freed her arm and extended it trying to scream for help. Her voice was muzzled by a thick tentacle around her mouth. Tears of fright were falling from her face like running water. Ben quickly looked at the Grace that sat on the bed. The thing crookedly smiled and dispersed in smoke. The bedroom door was slammed shut and Ben was surrounded by darkness.
     “Ben!! Help me Ben!!!” Grace’s voice was cut up from how loud she was screaming. The sound of her helpless cries slowly began to fade.
(Song Lyrics)
“Trust me. I’ll be there when you need me. You’ll be safe here! When you finally trust me finally believe in me! I will! Let you down I’ll.. Let you down I’ll… when you finally trust me finally believe in me. I will…..”
(Lyrics Continue)
   Ben’s favorite Three Days Grace song was playing as an alarm to wake him. It continued to go off till he finally decided to wake up. He pulled off the covers and sat on the bed thinking about his nightmare. Still half awake he looked at his phone again to check the time. It was five thirty four in the morning. Almost time to start his morning jog. Ben had a routine. On weekdays he would start with a few sit-ups, followed by some pushups, and finish with pull ups. As for the weekends he would go for an early morning jog and later that day volunteer at the shelter to hand out food to the homeless. Now don’t judge Ben as a saint because he isn’t, but he has nothing better to do so he thought, might as well do something productive. He got dressed and made his bed. The turquoise colored morning started to show through the curtains. That was his queue. He grabbed his gray hoodie off the chair of his work desk and jogged down the stairs that led to the front door. He closed the door behind him and breathed in the cool morning air.
     “It’s just another day and nothing’s changed. No one else remembers, so why do I?”
 
 
   After a short thirty minute jog, he arrived back home and went inside. Everyone was still sound asleep. He quickly went up the stairs and headed towards his room. It was around six thirty so he knew he still had plenty of time to shower and relax before everyone in the house was awake. After gathering some casual clothes out of his drawer, he went into his bathroom to take a shower. As you can tell his parents were very wealthy because they’re able to afford a two-story, five bedroom, and three and a half bathroom house. The top floor had a master bedroom with its own bath, another room with its own bath that was about the size of the master, and two other bedrooms that shared a bathroom. The bottom floor had a very large kitchen, a TV room, a dining room, and a guest room. The back yard was just as beautiful. It was a completely grassed area with a few pine trees and a patio. The border for the house was a tall wooden fence. His mother is a physiatrist and his father is a pediatrician in the big town of OceanBreeze. And how it states in its name, the town is right by the Ocean, so in other words, Ben has the life. Ben undressed and opened the glass doors of his shower. He made sure the water was the temperature he wanted and got in. Ben usually used this time to reflect. As he washed his short onyx colored hair, he thought about the nightmare he had had that night.
     "How was it that no one remembers?"
   After about ten or fifteen minutes he was done with his shower and dried himself off. He dressed himself in his plain black T-shirt and normal gray shorts. Before getting comfortable he cleaned the water on the tile from the shower and put his dirty clothes inside the hamper. He adjusted the pillows on his bed and grabbed the remote that was on the nightstand and turned on the TV. He left it on Fuse and watched Jumpstart. Which were basically music videos from artists that are making it on the top chart. He listened and stared at the ceiling before slowly drifting off to sleep.


© 2009 Nick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this sounds like a real story duud
i cant wait till you write more
and you totally described me, but i dont have short onyx hair hahah
duud you should hear how liz says some of the pokemon names haha
she says them all beaner haha
cuz she watched them in spanish haha
waith this is suppose to be about your story haha
lets see something that helps
i didnt see this as a good full chapter, like i didnt really much in it, the nightmere was a big part but it wasnt long enough to fill the whole chapter you get me?
i think you could of added like two chapters (if they were the same size as this one) together to make one chapter
thats what im going to have to do too
so its pretty common (:

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 9, 2009
Last Updated on May 9, 2009


Author

Nick
Nick

Tucson, AZ



About
I'm 18 years old and hoping that people like my writing. I haven't been writing for very long. Actualy my friend Felissa got me into it. Me and some friends have been writing a story together and I'm .. more..

Writing