Part 1

Part 1

A Chapter by Ike Prescott

"Daddy!" A young Tyro called out as he rushed towards the door. He slammed into his father, almost knocking his glasses from his nose. The father laughed.
"Hello there buddy," his father said as he stroked Tyro's chestnut hair. His mother came in behind him and planted a small kiss on his cheek.
"Welcome home Ronald," she said with a flustered smile. Ronald gripped Tyro up and grinned. "How is it out there? Are we going to be safe?"
Ronald wavered.
"Not now with Tyro honey," he replied with a forced smile. "Hey, guess what I have?"
"Blueberry cake?" Tyro cheerfully called out.
"My, aren't you smart? You know everything." Tyro cheered as his father set down the large, round cake with a dozen of bright blueberries swimming in a snowy frosting. Tyro happily nibbled on a slice.
"It's always so good daddy! Thank you!"
"Don't forget to thank your mummy too, without her you wouldn't be getting your cake."
"Yes, thank you mummy," Tyro said through a half full mouth. His mother urged a smile, her lush green hair glistening in the light.
"You are so cheesy you know that?" She looked at her husband.
"But it's true, Selena. You are too modest for your own good." He laughed as she playfully pinched him.

"Tyro, time to go to bed!" Selena called out.
"Just a moment!" Tyro called back as he kept mashing various buttons on the game controller. The character on screen landed a spinning kick to his father's character. Ronald grinned as he landed a quick punch, resulting in a KO. Tyro sighed.
"You still can't beat me, little boy." Tyro scowled.
"I'm a big boy. I could have beaten you easily." Ronald laughed playfully.
"In your dreams. Now come on, bedtime." Tyro groaned as he half-heartedly rose and waddled to his darkened room. He slumped on the bed while Selena kissed his forehead goodnight and walked out. Tyro shuffled uncomfortably in his bed, soon before slowly descending to slumber.

"It's... Not pretty outside," Ronald said as Selena returned. He stroked his forehead, wiping away thick black hair. Selena tensed. "The War of Oregon may be over now... But the humans are now united against us. I think that was the point of the war itself... To push humans over the edge and make them enraged against us... Gods Selena, what have we done?" She came over and hugged him.
"It will be fine... As soon as the humans realise that we can coexist, we will be fine. We just have to wait until then, right?"
"Right," he gritted his teeth. "All we can do now is hope that everything will settle down... Until then we must face the thousands of stones hurled at us."
"But we will pass through these trials and live in harmony."
"Yeah, you are right." Ronald smiled for a moment before a look of distress appeared on his face.
"What's wrong?" Selena asked.
"There's someone out there... No... Many. A whole group."
"Don't worry honey, it's probably some people wandering around at night," Selena said seconds before an explosion was seen behind her. Selena wrapped her arms around herself, a veil of water enveloping her, lowering the damage done. She propelled back into Ronald who gasped as he hit the wall.
What used to be a part of the living room was now completely covered in flames. Rubble flew all over the place. Ten armed men in bulletproof vests stormed in, pointing their guns at the couple.
"Ronald Blaime, Selena Blaime, and your son Tyro Blaime, are all convicted of being Irarum, or as you like to be called now, Spirit Kin. You are hereby to be executed on sight," the commander yelled at them. Selena's pupils dilated as she flung out her arm. A jet stream of water shot out from her palm and hit one in the chest. The shot burst through, revealing a gap in the chest where blood dripped out. He fell down as several bullets pierced the air. Ronald grabbed his wife and willed himself to warp. A second later, the bullets hit rubble. The two parents were holding the son in their arms, rage infused in their eyes.
"You and your humanity can go kiss my a*s," Ronald yelled out through gasps as he gripped Tyro tighter. He was wide awake, terror seeping into him. His eyes fixated on the fire around the men. A sudden cry escaped his lungs.
"Daddy... Why is there... Fire?" He sniffled. Selena gently stroked his hair as she nodded to Ronald. He gritted his teeth and his body shook.
"Damn... I don't have the energy to move again. I have no chance... Tyro..." A tear fell down his cheek onto Tyro. "Be good. Promise me that, okay?" He gave a painful smile along with Selena.
"Daddy? Mummy? What's happening? I'm scared."
"Don't be scared dear. Live fearlessly in this world... For us." Selena's eyes watered.
"Fire!" The commander yelled.
"Mum? Wha-" Ronald closed his eyes as the space around Tyro bent. Soon he was gone from his grasp. They both looked at each other, before bullets riddled their bodies. Holes appeared in their sides where blood quickly gushed out. They both fell down with a thick thud, their breaths escaping their lungs.


© 2015 Ike Prescott


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on August 3, 2015
Last Updated on August 3, 2015
Tags: dark fantasy, supernatural, superpowers, psychology


Author

Ike Prescott
Ike Prescott

Slovakia



About
Keep looking... You'll find it one day more..

Writing
Unravel Unravel

A Story by Ike Prescott