Time heals?

Time heals?

A Story by Naji
"

What does time mean to you? and does it really heal?

"
What mold us to us? The past, the present and the desire of what we want to be in the future.

The scars we carry inside, are all beautiful, they represent time, times that we cried out of heart pain, times we cried cause we fell down and no one was there to pick us up.

Time is such a wonderful, beautiful and precious gift, yet its always against you, except for one time, and that’s when you are healing from a fall, from a heart ache or from anything that needs  “time” to heal. That is the saying right? Time heals everything. But does it? Does time make all your pain go away? All your love? All your desires? What if its shading the feelings that are so deep down that by time you learn how to hide it, hide it so deep that your scared to dig up again? That’s what I think it does to you, it makes you hide your feelings, time makes you wise enough to dig a hole inside of you and put the feelings that hurts so much that cant be described in words inside of that big hole. And then you fill that hole with, work, friends, travel and anything that can fill it up and close it up. But there is a tiny opening there, which will always be there, cause you cant cover that hole completely even though you might think that you have done it, trust me you have not and will never be able to do so. Its not possible, that’s why you are you, you will stay who you are cause inside that hole is your scars, its your tears, its your laughter’s you are trying to hide cause if you remember them, you will also remember the tears that came after those laughter’s.

We try our best to keep that hole closed up and deep inside of us and not mention it. But now and then that small opening releases small feelings, small tears and laughter’s, to remind you of who you are.
If you for a moment think about it, you will realize you have been blessed that you cant cover that hole completely.
What if you did? What if there was a way that you would not remember anything from your past, (the past that you been fleeing from) . Then you would not be you anymore, you would have to become a new person every single time, you got hurt, you fell or lost something that meant the world to you. That’s not what you want is it? To always have to remold yourself to someone else, ones maybe you mold yourself to a stronger person, so you wont fall in love again, an other time you might mold yourself to a romantic person cause you where not romantic enough or you might even want to be heartless so you wont feel the pain of the loss of a close one.

Pain is there so we get reminded of how good we have it and that life is real. If pain would not be there we would never appreciate what we have.

© 2010 Naji


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes it is said"without the light there would be no darkness..only a void"

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
1 Review
Added on August 1, 2010
Last Updated on August 1, 2010

Author

Naji
Naji

Dubai, United Arab Emirates



About
English is my third language... I write when im bored. Thats about me ;) more..

Writing