Suicide Of Society

Suicide Of Society

A Poem by NamelessBeast.
"

Suicide Of Society

"
Day in day out I maintain the teenage norm of school and friends, 
But when the night comes I begin to wonder if it ever really ends, 
Will these thoughts that haunt my already twisted and warped mind
Ever leave me alone or will I befall the fates of others of my kind?
How will my already calculated escape from these thoughts be?
Will I go out with a loud bang -- a gun to the head -- nice and swiftly?
Or will I die a slow and painful death of an overdose of diet pills?
Does the thought of me thinking of my death give your poor self chills?
Driven to the belief that I am not perfect, I must bow to society's ideals?
Must I really listen to their every word and agree to all their deals.
The eyes of dead teens begging me not to become a statistic like them.
I find that it is so very difficult to defend but so very easy to condemn.
And if I cannot then I must die for I am not meant to be in today.
Am I the only person of my brethren, my kind, that can see another way?
We overthrow this society, we tell them that they are wrong!
We tell them that they cannot control us, that we will not sing their song.
We are the undead generation, our numbers have been depleted,
And we will fight our own battles, never claiming to be undefeated.
We are the children of the 'what you want, when you want' way of life,
Our very existence is balanced on the edge of an incredibly sharp knife.

© 2012 NamelessBeast.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Best book on death was "On the beach" by Nevil Shute. Was made into a movie a few times. Old version is the best. They discussed death and best way to go. I like your thoughts and the descriptions of ways to died. No weakness in this story. A excellent read.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Goodness this is suspenseful,
Love the rhyming, amazing write here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


suspencefi=ul nice jobas

Posted 12 Years Ago


Suspenseful and intense. First, I must say, that you are not the only one who thinks likes this. Part of me wants to preach to you now the many reasons to live that have been driven into my head-most of which I don't even believe. Part of me agrees with you fully but finds it very sad that you feel this way. Therefore I will leave my opinion of the content out of this and review the structure of the poem. I really like the drawn-out lines, upbeat, never-ending flow, and the consistent rhyming. It makes the poem feel like one continuous thought, although the rhyme and vocabulary prove that it is refined and meticuluos. The use of imagery added to the intensity and the strong ending left me with the sort of "It's over?" feeling I get when something has a cliff-hanger. Very impressive write. Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2012
Last Updated on January 10, 2012

Author

NamelessBeast.
NamelessBeast.

London, London, United Kingdom



About
Ask and you shall know. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..