Some say

Some say

A Poem by Keturah Ipaliwan

Some say the dead are asleep, some say, they go to heaven.

Where will you go my friend, once I say goodbye?

Will you be among the angels of heaven singing beautiful hymns to the Lord?

Or will you be beneath the earth, silently resting in peace awaiting the Lord?

Some say the dead walk among us but we can’t see; some say the dead are reincarnated into something else.

What will you be my friend, once we speak no more?

Will you constantly follow me like a shadow and remind me that you’re still with me?

Or will you become a beautiful butterfly or a graceful bird freely flying to your heart’s content?

Some say I’ll see you again,

Will you remember me or will I be embracing a stranger?

Will we ever speak or just look at each other?

Will I even see you or will we miss each other?

Goodbye my friend, for your bed awaits; I was blessed knowing you in this life, and if I see you in the next, please remember me.

© 2017 Keturah Ipaliwan


Author's Note

Keturah Ipaliwan
All comments are welcomed!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on August 22, 2017
Last Updated on August 22, 2017

Author

Keturah Ipaliwan
Keturah Ipaliwan

Port Moresby, South Pacific, Papua New Guinea



About
I'd like to think I'm an introvert and that I express my thoughts better through my writing. I find writing, among my other hobbies, relaxing and calming. I believe no one should be restricted in expr.. more..

Writing