Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sera J. Lee

It was a dreary night in London, England, and the rain was falling heavily upon the dim city. Few people walked down the street, cars passed every now and then with their sun like headlights.
A woman, at the age of twenty, over her shoulder, noticing the meager man-a bit of a ways behind-had been following her for sometime. Even if she walked faster, or turned a corner, he was still closely following.
His boots were heavy and hit the ground with such force that it was like a ton of bricks. His trench coat was like a dark vale hiding his body from passing eyes, and the hat that covered his face did the same. But his white smile was still noticeable by anyone, his intentions were not well.
The woman faced forward again, her hands beginning to shake. She quickened her pace and hurriedly turned the next corner. She stopped and looked back, only to find the man gone from her sight.
The woman's dismay vanished within the sigh she released. But it soon rose again when she turned around. The man's smile and eyes gave her the feeling of a wild man.
She only found herself able to scream as the silver blade pierced her chest.
The lifeless body laid there on the ground as people began gathering, shouting for help. Blood running down the cracks as the rain washed it away. The umbrella had rolled out onto the street, causing cars to screech to a halt.
A police officer called for back up, but the message in blood was getting washed away with every drop falling from the sky.
"Jack the Ripper has returned."


© 2013 Sera J. Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a good concept here, but some of your language choice is a little stilted and odd - I'd look over this and think about whether or not there's a better or more natural way to express things.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013


Author

Sera J. Lee
Sera J. Lee

About
There isn't really much I can say about myself... I love writing fiction, listening to music, and I'm actually one of those people that likes Anime (quite the Otaku). I write many stories, but I.. more..

Writing