Meer

Meer

A Story by nazia
"

Flash Fiction

"

Meer was Mrs A’s tenant. She was in awe of him. To anyone who listened she told how handsome, polite, sincere, calm and honest he was. He lived all alone in the city while his family lived in the countryside. Meer loved his mother and doted on his little sister. They had a cat whose pictures he always showed Mrs A. He sent money home on the first Friday of every month. At the end of each year he would take leave and visit his family.

Meer was an orphan, raised in a shelter home. He worked hard to earn a scholarship and passed college with good grades. Seven years ago, he got the job and had been Mrs A’s tenant ever since. Every month he sends money to the shelter home to support other children like him.

Meer hated his life story. No one looked at him the same after knowing it. Some pitied him while the others tried to con him. So he decided to change it. Every year he packs his luggage goes to the train station, buys the first available ticket and starts his journey. While aboard the train, he observes people, their gestures, relations. That’s how he weaves convincing stories to tell Mrs A.

© 2019 nazia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

At the coffee house up the street where the local brain trust would collect I befriended as man named Elder Robison he was an orphan too. His yarns were his life he never was able to make one for himself so he became his dreams he worked as a truck driver never had kids never had any connections, just yarns... many people were turned off by this, I just let him yarn away for I could feel a familiar loneliness in his heart. I will write a poem about him someday "Tex" was his moniker this story so reminded me of him!

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

nazia

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review. Actually I saw a picture of a man standing all alone with much lug.. read more



Reviews

Very nice, enjoyed... Keep it going


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nazia

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
Flash fiction isn't the synopsis of someone's background. It's a fully self contained story, with a plot, rising tension, and a climax, just like any other fiction. In fact, you can have a story, fully contained, with a beginning, middle and end, filled with emotion for the reader, in six words.

https://blog.bibliotech.education/the-shortest-story-ever-told-da06a416a235

Posted 4 Years Ago


A compelling set of character sketches, Nazia. Both Meer and Mrs. A see the world in a certain way, and I like the way your story maps that out. You’ve really done well to draw whole humans here. For me, even with the shortness of the story, I can imagine so many things about these two.

It’s interesting to think about how much we really know people and how much of what we think we know is only what they want us to think. A parable for internet relations. Or, more tenderly, a portrait of a young man wounded by the past, but not as much as he is determined to shape his future.

I really enjoyed this story. Something I will think about through the day. Great work.

Posted 4 Years Ago


nazia

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your words. I wanted to write something in continuum rather than a specific co.. read more
At the coffee house up the street where the local brain trust would collect I befriended as man named Elder Robison he was an orphan too. His yarns were his life he never was able to make one for himself so he became his dreams he worked as a truck driver never had kids never had any connections, just yarns... many people were turned off by this, I just let him yarn away for I could feel a familiar loneliness in his heart. I will write a poem about him someday "Tex" was his moniker this story so reminded me of him!

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

nazia

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review. Actually I saw a picture of a man standing all alone with much lug.. read more
How sad that Meer's early life attracted the wrong sort of attention. So much so, that he had to invent a new life for himself. He is certainly admired by Mrs A and has a compassionate heart sending money each month to the shelter for other children raised the same as himself. His observations of people will certainly help him through life. Your short story made me feel that people should be valued for their own qualities and their upbringing should have no bearing on our relationships with them. Nicely conveyed flash fiction nazia.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


nazia

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your insightful review. This is my first attempt at flash fiction. Glad you li.. read more
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

I did, hope you write some more.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 4, 2019
Last Updated on September 4, 2019

Author

nazia
nazia

Dehradun, India



Writing
Memories Memories

A Poem by nazia


Untitled Untitled

A Poem by nazia


Live Live

A Poem by nazia