Insanity

Insanity

A Story by Octavious
"

A small little teaser of a novella idea.

"

I often wondered why a saying came true in the world once it was heard by virtually anyone and everyone who seemed to have some sort of impact on the society of the world.

The day the words “it’s a cruel world” were said, it became a fact, not just a simple saying. That’s how I got here, when I was tired all I had to say was “It’s a cruel world” and I kept on digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole; although during the moment I was fully convinced that I was climbing my way up to the top.

There’s another saying: Climbing to the top. Such an obvious saying, but so mislead to the point that we’re all blind to see the truth of the matter, or should I say the truth of the saying? Climbing to the top means all but three things to this world, one: The fame, Two: The power, and Three: The glory. The only way to understand the real possibilities of climbing to the top is by getting out of the world to understand the world that you’re in; that’s what I did, but it didn’t get me anywhere - it got me to the bottom of the barrel.

This is yet another saying, but unlike most this one is self-explanatory, when you’re in the bottom of the barrel that means that your screwed, done, finished, you have nothing but a sliver of light left to call hope.

I’m in the bottom of the barrel because ignorance is bliss, and my bliss blinded me into thinking I was climbing to the top when in reality I was digging myself in a bigger hole.

I live in Insanity . . .  I live in Insanity. The answer is no, no this isn’t a figure of speech, and it isn’t a mistake, I live in Insanity.

Unfortunately I’ve lived here all of my life, from the womb I have always been here. Insanity is a place that you either love or you hate, but unfortunately it is a place that you would be insane to disapprove of. Insanity is the home of the right minded, this is where religions and good causes are born, where dreams take their first steps, and the tools to perceive your visions of perfection and the right are constructed.   

Looking at Insanity isn’t the prettiest, the ground flooded with murky puddles scattered across the uneven gravel, and the walls filled with cracks, and gravity slowly brings the walls closer to collapsing. The darkness was the protection to all who lived here, a mask to give us all confidence to fight for the right and see past the ignorance of society’s blinding bliss.  

We are the followers, the community unknown to all until we have decided to expose ourselves to the fouls and unfortunates that continue to live above. Insanity isn’t only our home, it’s our mind. Mind you we aren’t insane; again it’s just a saying. Despite the small number of our population we don’t know everyone who lives amongst us. The soul thing we all have in common with each other is that we all love Insanity. Not because of what it looks like but because of what it gives us; every night when the last ray of sunlight disappears from the ceiling cracks, we lay beside one another. On our backs we match our breaths, inhale and outhale to the point that silence is nothing but the sound of a single breath. Without thought we all shut or eyes as one, the silence broken by the tiny sound of our eyelids making their destination of their closing journey.  Then the Insanity crawls in, covering us all like a warm black silk sheet, engulfing us all at once, and whispering encouragements in our ears, it’s always the same thing over and over again, until we are no longer in control and find ourselves chanting the words in hushed whisper.

“Let the insanity be the new reality.”

“Let the insanity be the new reality.”

“Let the insanity be the new reality.”

Seconds later as one we all fall into the deep sleep of Rem’s innocence.

This what would have usually happened, or things would run smoothly as above commoners might say, but in this case that’s not what happened; another saying that you may recognize.

‘The doves stay with the doves and the crows stay with the crows.’ Don’t take the metaphor to literally. At this moment I don’t mean blacks with black, and white with white. I mean Insanity with Insanity and fouls with fouls. Like many rules this was yet another unspoken rule, but when someone breaks an unspoken rule what do you do?

Like drones all of us had snapped up from our bliss, the black silks sheets of Insanity falling from our chests to our lap, and slowly floating itself up above us. All of our eyes were one the humanoid figure in the dark, we could tell they were a foul from the scent of raw air drizzling away from the clothing covering its body.

“Let the Insanity be the new reality!”

All of froze to the shattering deep voice that had croaked out the words over us. Ourselves and the foul made way to look up at the floating sheet. It was the first time for us all to hear the true voice of Insanity. When Insanity speaks there was no question when it came to obeying.  We all began to trample over each other charging for the foul not knowing what to do next once we had accomplished the task of capturing it.

The foul stayed unmoved as we all charged, and chanted out the name that we followed, and the home we loved.

“Insanity! Insanity! Insanity.” 

© 2015 Octavious


Author's Note

Octavious
This is a little rough ignore the grammar, but if it will bother you that much, you are free to tell me about any mistakes, this hasn't been edited at all. Apologies.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The line between insanity and sanity. Easy to fall to any direction.
“It’s a cruel world” and I kept on digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole; although during the moment I was fully convinced that I was climbing my way up to the top."
The story had the feel of darkness. Someone who had accepted the true vision of life. I like the honest tone and the directness of your story. Please send me read requests. I like your work. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The line between insanity and sanity. Easy to fall to any direction.
“It’s a cruel world” and I kept on digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole; although during the moment I was fully convinced that I was climbing my way up to the top."
The story had the feel of darkness. Someone who had accepted the true vision of life. I like the honest tone and the directness of your story. Please send me read requests. I like your work. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

838 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 8, 2015
Last Updated on March 8, 2015
Tags: Insanity, thriller, horror, cult

Author

Octavious
Octavious

--------------, EST, Canada



About
I enjoy exploring many parts of writing, but in the end I like to think about how I am going to surprise and disturb my readers with my newest works, I also love reading good writing, then again what .. more..

Writing
The Apron The Apron

A Story by Octavious


396 km 396 km

A Story by Octavious