Nevermore

Nevermore

A Poem by Octavious
"

This is a fan fiction of the amazing piece "The Raven" written by Edgar Allan Poe, this isn't all of the works, but it is relatively close.

"

Once upon a midnight dreary, in the mists of a bleak December's eerie, I wait outside as the tips of my feathers fade to silver. A man of dark hair that took the shape of the winds and black eyes that sank to the tip of his nose, sat with his rich thick robe as he flipped each page from right to left. Gracefully I sore from side to side to find myself at the towering chamber door; so loudly I rapped upon his chamber door.

 I believe I gave him a tremendous fright, for he never once glanced at that chamber door. He searched the curtain and murmured more. Crouched up in his cushioned throne he said to himself,

“Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;- This it is and nothing more.”

He sat in confusion for quite some time as I sat on a branch outside his window lattice. Sincere apologies for the fright I gave the old man as he disappeared deeper into his hallway leading to the chamber door, but in my defence I leaned an angle to small and fell upon his window lattice making a sound louder than before. As he came closer to the scene of my fall I fled in fear watching over him from his rooftop, trying not to make a sound as the December wind whipped my back.

His shutters were open and the cold was getting the best of me, he stood there with his head out the window in search of the sounds of mystery all to conclude with,

“Tis the wind and nothing more!”

Panic ran upon me as the shutters swing back into place; you see, they forced me to dive through them at the very last second to survive the winds that threatened me with death.

I flew so fast I had no control over what direction I was to soar. I suddenly found myself going up to land myself upon a bust of Pallas, just above his chamber door. In fear, I perched and sat and nothing more.

As we gazed into each others eyes his frown slowly creeps into a grin as he did nothing of the sort of introducing himself, but rather ask me to introduce myself instead.

“Ancient Raven wandering from nightly shore- tell me what thy lordly name is on the nights plutonion shore!”

He misunderstood me, for I had no name; who names a Raven, what would I gain? An Ancient Raven, is that what he said? Why, those are much larger and most likely dead, to explain this to him I whispered,

“Nevermore.”

As he stood there in awe the warmth of the house hold surrounded me. My feathers had no more silver, for this I planned not to leave.

“Other friends have flown before- on the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before.”

The b*****d, to hog all this warmth for himself! Well I begged to differ, you see I planned to stay for the rest of December. In response I explained with one word,

“Nevermore.”

I watched him as his head sunk into the cushion as he thought of an unhappy master, who I assume names ravens. The man busts a door and a window, but I can't imagine why and sits back in his seat, honestly I wanted to cry; why would he invite December within his house hold? The same one that wanted me to die.

As the wind grew stronger and came through the door, it brought the scent of my stash of fruits and flowers that I had forget about under a bush beside his chamber door.

The man went mad to my surprise, and screamed

“Lenore! Lenore! Memories of Lenore!”

I spoke out of line to explain she won't come back by saying,

“Nevermore.”

So out he screamed,

“Get thee back into the tempest and the night's Plutonian shore! Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!”

Oh no, I distinctly remember; we discussed this already, I'm to stay here throughout December. It frustrates me how I have to explain this once more, so again I croaked out,

“Nevermore.”

So he laid upon the roasted floor, and my shadow covered his thoughts of Lenore, as I perched and sat and nothing more, but to come back to such a household, I think-

Nevermore.


{Based off of 'The Raven' By: Edgar Allan Poe}


© 2015 Octavious


Author's Note

Octavious
Hope you enjoyed it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The aim was to challenge myself and use no more and no less that 1000 words, so I think it was captured nicely for the limitations I had.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Added on March 9, 2015
Last Updated on March 19, 2015

Author

Octavious
Octavious

--------------, EST, Canada



About
I enjoy exploring many parts of writing, but in the end I like to think about how I am going to surprise and disturb my readers with my newest works, I also love reading good writing, then again what .. more..

Writing
The Apron The Apron

A Story by Octavious


396 km 396 km

A Story by Octavious