Monday

Monday

A Chapter by Nefferson Shanti

Monday. Febuary 25, 3048


It was hot. The weather man had even said that it was going to be a scorcher, and yet. People were still out and about, the businesses around had even taken the opportunity to let out the misters, hopeful that it would entice the population to come inside for the cool relief of the store. It did for a few, but some just enjoyed the sun. Scattered among the people were a few extra people that probably didn’t belong at all. There was a tall, brunette girl. She was more than likely around the age of eighteen, she had on a pair of black framed glasses and she sat outside a café. More than likely an internet café judging by the computer she had with her.


Across from the building was a bus stop, with a few other people there. Most just trying to get home, a pregnant mother, a business man, and there were even two women in scrubs. Sitting on the edge was a male, dark hair that hung down into his face. He wore a tank top, gym shorts and shoes with headphones on. Either heading to the gym or just leaving it, according to the bag by his feet, course several buses have come and gone by then, he looked to be asleep against the glass.


She smiled to a few people as she looked around before touching her left ear as discreetly as she could.


“Jordan, how do you look at this thing, I feel like my eyeballs are going to cross.” She mumbled and there was a soft chuckle in her earpiece. ‘Sorry, I forgot to change it.’ Was the reply, only to be silenced by a loud huff of air. Everything quickly quieted down after that. It felt as if they were waiting for something or someone rather.


The two sat where they needed to be, the male had actually started to drift away to sleep after about a half an hour. The girl had replaced her empty drink. When she sat down, she spotted two men leaving a shop. They wore loose shirts, jeans and sneakers, gangsters almost, but not quite. She radioed her contact at the bus stop.


 “On your left…” She mumbled softly, only to get a soft grunt in reply. There was a grumbled reply. “I see ‘em.”


A tall, leggy, blonde girl left a shop just to the right of the two men. She had her hair down in waves along her back; her skirt was up just a little too short with her sandals and shirt. One would nudge the other and pointed; they grinned and followed the girl down the street a little bit. The brunette at the bus stop chuckled and mumbled lightly into the ear piece.


“I don’t think you’re swinging your a*s enough, Krys.” He mumbled, which was joined in by the girl at the café. “Yea, pull that skirt up.”

The two men that followed her were slapping hands and making all sorts of snide comments about her and what they would want to do to her. She couldn’t go for it anymore and headed into an alley, they followed her. Both the brunette male and female would hear grunting after that and hurried to get up, leaving their things where they lay. Getting to the alley, they panted hard, but only to find out that the blonde had taken care of the two men with a club. They were both knocked out. The blonde just frowned as she pulled her hair up into a messy updo.


“Never make me do that again. Next time we’re going down to the docks and dressing Jordan up.” She mumbled while pulling on a pair of tennis shoes as a van rolled up and a door opened. Inside was a boy, no less than fifteen, he wore a baggy sweatshirt with jeans and sneakers.


“Nice try, but no.” Jordan told them as another male got out and started to lift the unconscious men into the van. This was one tall, tan with light auburn hair; he nodded to the male and female. “Nice work. Can you go get the kid’s s**t before he blows a fuse or something?” They only nodded and hurried to do so. Meanwhile the girl helped him get situated back into the van, easily securing the hands of the downed men with zip ties.

Once everyone, including the equipment, were back; The boy in the gym clothes would climb into the driver’s seat and take off down the back alleys until they reached the main stretch of road. After a few shorts stops, the van was parked behind a walled off section of an area behind an apartment building. The doors opened and the two scouts would jump out, along with the youngest to carry the equipment in through a door that looked as if it were way too rusted to even be of use. The other two would wheel their captives in on a cart.


The group stood quietly as a lift would take them down from the rusted door, it went quite a while and while one would speculate, how it was possible, no one really knew. The doors opened and the three came out, followed by the two. The hallway they walked was grey with some inset lights, just enough to light up two blocks of the concrete before having to be relit by another square of it. They traveled down this area, before Krys and the mystery auburn hair male would dump each of the man into a different room. The other three having disappeared to, more than likely to clean up or to file their reports, the blonde at the brunette would turn a corner and head for a room, where two men were sitting and watching. One with light blonde hair, he looked a little older than the girl. The other was completely different than the male, he had inky hair and a scowl. The older blonde just nodded lightly.


“Welcome back, Krystyne. Devin…” He said, which caused the other two to sit down as well.

“Sir…” They greeted as they waited for the captives to wake up.



© 2015 Nefferson Shanti


Author's Note

Nefferson Shanti
please lemme know of any corrections, that I need to make. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like the concept and the air to the story. Can't wait to find out what happens tuesday and every day afterwards. There are a lot of ways this story can turn and can't wait to find out about the captives. There could be more dialogue or names, but good start. Hope you have more to come.

If you have time, could you review and read my story Cold's Fire. Thanks

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 14, 2015
Last Updated on February 14, 2015


Author

Nefferson Shanti
Nefferson Shanti

Joshua, TX



About
Just a writer. more..

Writing