My opinion on YOLO

My opinion on YOLO

A Story by Sam
"

My little rant on the term "yolo"

"
I hate the term yolo, "You only live once" does not apply to partying and smoking weed and getting drunk- only living once should apply to the thousands of people in the military who risk their lives every day, they're the only ones who should be truly saying "yolo" So, I've got an idea- lets take everyone who's every used "yolo" frequently, and give them a rifle they don't know how to use- and put them on the front lines with people shooting at them. Lets see how many people use the term "yolo" after that. Alright? 

© 2012 Sam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, it's true-no matter how obnoxious the people saying the phrase are, it doesn't change the fact that everyone still lives once. Then the choice is ours on what we're going to do with our life. YOLO is just another way of saying, "dude, I'm alive!" and just being grateful for that. Or YOLO could be like, "So, I'm feeling really reckless, let's go do something stupid." and then it's like, eehhhh, maybe you should think about that. So, it could be taken either way, and in my opinion, YOLO is just expressing the obvious choice-you only live once. So what are you going to do with your life?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yolo goes against Buddhism

Posted 10 Years Ago


Preach sister! I just became aware of YOLO.. Good idea, but what it tends to leave out is that after you act a fool, that one life tends to go on for a few more decades. And you have to live with the consequences.
I like your stance as well :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


=]

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anyone who says you only live once has never read a book...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


A lot of respect, this term is over used, used wrongly and no one truly understands the meaning of life through it. Wish more people would realize how incredibly stupid they are when they yell out "YOLO". Reality check, great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I've never heard the term until just now, but then I don't get out much. Generally, I don't care for abbreviations and much prefer to hear correct english spoken. I should think your suggestion of putting people who say that in real danger would make them quit saying it immediately.

Posted 11 Years Ago


My sister always says YOLO and it makes me so mad...she wrecks her life and gets herself in trouble and all she has to say is YOLO. It's quite infuriating.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I've hated it since the first time I heard it. A slimy excuse to be a rotten human being. Love this!

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

612 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 14, 2012
Last Updated on November 14, 2012

Author

Sam
Sam

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
Sam Married to the most beautiful woman in the world. EMT Proud parent of a two year old named Axel-James I often like to think I'm a cat and meow in awkward situations. more..

Writing
I'm pissed off. I'm pissed off.

A Story by Sam


For the girl For the girl

A Poem by Sam



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..