And I Finally Met God

And I Finally Met God

A Story by Nene
"

This is a true story of a dream I had.

"

I woke up this morning, rubbing sleep from my eyes. My bed clung to me, singing songs of temptation to me, but I ignored it and padded over to my windowsill. The sun was rising in the east, then; that moment of daybreak when Helios' chariot was not yet in full gallop. It cast shadows across everything, a dance of light and dark. Cultures have tried to describe this moment for ages. The Italians call it chiaroscuro; the French version is clair-obscur. The Chinese use the term "Yin-Yang" for this cautious balance. It is a concept used by Renaissance art historians, by vocalists and operatics, by scholars, historians, by fortune-tellers. It was this vision, of nature flowing seemlessly in equilibriam, that brought back the memory of my dream.

 

I remember thinking, in the dream, that I was dead. Yet I wasn't afraid. Despite the burning, retina-searing light that blinded me, I was slightly cold as I waded down a river, wearing my long white nightgown. A man stood on the banks further downstream. For the first time, I shivered. His face was so achingly beautiful, I was terrified.

 

"Come, little girl," he leered at me. "For you are not ready to enter the ocean yet. You are a diamond in the rough, and must be sanded down...your jagged edges smoothed and your substance worn away. Come with me."

 

I flinched away from him, but he laughed. "You are afraid, Nene," he said calmly. "They all are. But don't be. I mean you no harm, unless...well, I'm certain you haven't."


I could do nothing but blink as he pulled me away, to a run-down village. A scruffy little boy, his body unclean and spotted with a dark fungus, ran by me. I could smell his rancid scent. This horrific sight sent me reeling backwards.

 

A boy- perhaps older than me by about four years, setting him at just under twenty- approached me next. Eyes like pitch, and spiky hair to match it. He had more piercings than I could count, along with several graphic tatoos lacing his body. He pulled out an intravenous injector and, perfect at ease, gave himself a shot in the forearm. "Hullo," he greeted me lazily, words slurred. "Eii jjjjJack."

 

Again, I shrank backwards, glaring at the beautiful man who'd first approached me. "Who are you?" I demanded. "Where am I?"

© 2008 Nene


Author's Note

Nene
Unfinished! Will complete it later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please complete!

:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well what you have so far is good. Can't wait to read more!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 28, 2008

Author

Nene
Nene

About
Hey, everyone! My name is Nene (pronounced "neh-nay", it's short for Diane). I'm fifteen years old. I love writing, horse-back riding, going to movies with friends, and cross-country running. I'm an.. more..

Writing
Dead Ringer Dead Ringer

A Story by Nene


A Tempest A Tempest

A Poem by Nene


I Wonder I Wonder

A Poem by Nene