•●Something Unnatural●•

•●Something Unnatural●•

A Chapter by NeonDreamer
"

●• The fouteen year old perfect student, Glass Never becomes something FAR from perfect, and his life changes dramatically. •●

"
I hated my pefect life. Everything always seemed to work in my favor. Even when I tried to do something wrong, it always ended up benefitting me in some way. Not listening in class for instance, doesn't work at all. I still get perfect scores and the teacher never notices me throwing crumbled pieces of paper at her somehow. I really don't get it. I was beyond confused.
Cheating on tests never worked either. I never got caught even when I tried being obvious about it. Once, I also asked the teacher what the answer to number sixteen on a test,  and she just told the whole class without battin an eye lash. Everyone at that time heard about the scene, and ever since that day, people looked at me like I was magical in a way. It really bugged me. They either looked at me twenty - four seven or never glanced my way the whole day. This cycle seemed to switch on and off at random. Only some days people would have suspicious looks, and the other days I was practically invisible.
One person however, noticed everything happening to me. His name was Tino Zayfriss, and we've been best friends since we met in our first years of school. For his benefit,  I tried to act like I studied hard for good grades and was just extremely hard working. He didn't buy it sometimes and almost had a look like he knew I lied about everything. I despised it. I don't want to put on a good kid act anymore. I don't want to live my entire life lying to Tino either...... . . .  .  .   .
A hard object pushed against my shoulder roughly and suddenly. "Hey! Glass, wake up! Teacher is coming over here!" a voice echoed quietly into my slepping head, "Glass! Oh, no, come on man!". All of a sudden, something ripped at my hair.
"Aaaaaaahhhh! Hey!" I shouted, jumping backwards, the force sending my chair and I tumbling into the floor.
"Hehe... Guess I should've done something different, huh?" Tino's nervous and guilty voice hit my ears. All I could do was glare at him with my deep green eyes. This guy could be really annoying sometimes.
Just then, we hear two angry feet walking up to us with a scary dark aura. I think I could hear Tino gulp above me. "What. On earth. Is. Going. On?!" our teacher shouted, her beady blue eyes only rolling over my figure sprawled on the floor. She only had Tino in her vision and mind. She never, not once, glanced at me while she stared icy daggers. All I could do was wach from the floor helplessly.
In the end, Mrs. Quinn had given Tino a packet of extra homework as punishment. Punishment for what? We didn't know. She blamed Tino entirely though and never put my name into their conversation. Not. One. Time. Honestly, I felt guilty and partly responsible for the incident, so I offered to do half the packet. Tino would have none of it though, insisting on just walking home with me and doing it all by himself. 
My eyes stared at the back of Tino's sunset lit hair as we walked home silently, watching the caramel brown hair sway with each step. Compared to my own hair, I'd just say that his had a lot more color. Mine was just a shiny white, hanging long, but also short at the same time, not reaching my shoulders at all, and draping slightly over my eyes.
Tino and I both stopped walking when we came to a corner, and said our farewells,  parting ways not long after. 
I looked up at the sky, and smiled a little bit. "I've still got plenty of time to kill! Perfect!" I laughed happily and broke into a run, heading for the back alleys of the crazy city. When I arrived it was nearly pitch dark in the sky and the moon glowed a slight hue of red.
The alleys looked ominous and filled the pit of my stomach with anxiety. Shaking my head on straight, I started my routine like always. Usually after school ended, I'd go the the back alleys and look for scrap metal or discarded valuable things. I fixed a broken camra one time after finding it in the dumpster cans near the abandoned houses even farther back. It took me a full month to repair it and coat it with a gleam that made it look brand new and actually work. I still haven't used it or opened it yet. I planned on doing so the next morning. 
My feet shuffled and kicked up dirt and trash as I walked, hands in my pockets. "It's even worse than ever..." I grumbled, looking at the knocked over dumpsters and boxes everywhere. Usually it would at least be somewhat orderly, but now it looked like a monster or tornado paid a visit and destroyed everything. "Jeez, it's gonna take forever to find something now!" I kicked a cardboard box in my path to the side, sending it flying into another alley that branched off. It disappeared into darkness and thunked against something. 
If a person came in here on a whim, they'd surely get lost. Without some type of map, the alleys here were like a huge maze to trap wandering humans like mice caught in a mouse trap. Luckily, in my younger childhood, I'd run here to get away from people and always seemed to find my way out whenever I wanted to. Now I had it all carved into my mind, a zero percent chance of not knowing where I was.
I didn't give a second thought about the box and kept kicking my way forward slowly, when I heard something from that same blackened out alley. "Tch...?" I clicked my tongue in irritation but also in anxiety. Maybe Tino had followed me here? If he had, it wouldn't be a first.
"Uuuuhhhmm... Hello..? Excuse me! Did I just hit someone with a box? Whoever it was, I guess I'm sorry about that! Didn't see you!" I waved it off with my hand as if that would make me feel better. To be truthful, I was nervous out of my mind and wanted to tremble like an earthquake. 
A weird deep virating noise hit my ears after I spoke, sending shivers down my spine. A growl? A machine? A beast? A radio? A crazy sounding snoring person who can't wake up easily?
I never really thought about being cautious back here... Bad situations could never touch me for some reason, so I guess I thought it would be the same no matter what. Now I see that I've been proven wrong...
Two red eyes misted out of no where from the growling darkness, red flames flickering around them, spreading a weird glow. It seemed to stare at me intently and countless strong shivers ran up and down my whole body, being studied head to toe.
A small object shot out from beside the eyes and I jumped out of my frozen state at the sudden movement. My legs wanted to bolt faster than a racecar, but an unseen force held me in place.
My heartbeat hammered wildly as I looked down to a small crystal shaped stone. It was clear and pale like glass and was rough and jagged. What was it exactly?
I looked to the eyes uncertainly and I bent down closer towards the stone. The flaming eyes almost seemed to be smiling as if watching me was amusing. 
My green eyes turned away and my fingertips brushed cautiously against the  rock. All off a sudden, it felt as though lightning had shot up my fingers and through my whole body. 
"Gggg... GuaaaaaahhhHHHHHH!" I couldn't tell if I was screaming or not, but my mouth was open and spikes of agony raced through me. A couple tears escaped out of natural reflex from the pain as wind blew around me and hit the inside of my skull, echoing in my head. 
With tearful green eyes, my view Web wondered down to where my hand was still latched onto the stone.


© 2017 NeonDreamer


Author's Note

NeonDreamer
I'm still updating it little by little, but I'd like to know if I should continue this or not. Ignore grammar and spelling errors. Was the beginning too slow? Tell me what you guys think pls! I appreciate it! Love u all! :3 I'll take requested stories too if anyone has any interests in doing so. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on August 19, 2017
Last Updated on August 21, 2017
Tags: Mystery, Action, Science Fiction


Author

NeonDreamer
NeonDreamer

Writing
DEMON DEMON

A Book by NeonDreamer