Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by starfast
"

Prologue for the new novel that I'm writing.

"

To: SuperAra

From: rebelfire317

Subject: Just wondering


Hey, I just wanted to talk to you about something you posted on one of the forums. You said something along the lines of using 10% of the brain is just a myth, and that humans actually use 100% of the brain. Is that really true? I always thought this explained why some people were more capable than others. Do you think that some people are actually capable of using more than 100%? Like maybe 101%?


To: rebelfire317

From: SuperAra

Subject: Re: Just wondering

Hi rebelfire, to answer your first question, yes that is very true. There have been many studies that have proven that we do indeed use 100% of our brains, but it does seem like there are some people who only use 10% sometimes. I can send you a few links, if you like. To answer your second question, using more than 100% of our brain is impossible. Not too sure how using 101% would work. It would probably require having more than one brain.



To: SuperAra

From: rebelfire317

Subject: Re: Just wondering

Ok, but I was watching a tv show that really put the 10% myth to use. In the show, people capable of using more than 10% were smarter than Einstein, and some of them even had telepathic abilities. I know it was just a sci-fi, but do you think that something like that would ever be possible?


To: rebelfire317

From: SuperAra

Subject: Re: Just wondering

Yes, I do think that something like that could be possible. In fact, I believe that it could already be possible. I’m not sure what would make something like that possible, but I don’t think it would be because some people are using their brain more than others.



To: SuperAra

From: rebelfire317

Subject: Re: Just wondering

So if I told you that I had superpowers, or that someone I knew had superpowers, you’d believe that?


To: SuperAra

From: rebelfire317

Subject: ?!?!!!?

WTF MAN DID YOU JUST TALK TO ME INSIDE MY HEAD?!


To: rebelfire317

From: SuperAra

Subject: Re:?!?!!!?

Sorry for scaring you. I just wanted to see if you could do it too. I’ve been trying to find more people like me for a long time.



To: SuperAra

From: rebelfire317

Subject: Re:?!?!!!?

Have you found anyone else yet? I thought I was the only one…


To: rebelfire317

From: SuperAra

Subject: Re:?!?!!!?

Yes, only one other. I’ve had some false leads over the years, but I think I might be on to something right now. I’m hoping to find more so that I can find out more about what’s causing this. We really shouldn’t be talking about this on the internet though. There’s other people who have heard about the things that we can do and they want to hurt us. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard for them to hack into one of our accounts and read these messages. If you have any more questions about the subject, it’s best if you contact me telepathically. I know it’s kind of weird at first, but it’s much safer. For now, just try not to tell anyone about this. I don’t want anyone getting hurt.



© 2015 starfast


Author's Note

starfast
I'm taking a break from my other novel. I've been really stuck on the one chapter that I'm working on. It's meant to be really intense, but I feel like I haven't been doing a good job with making it intense, so I'm taking a break. I want to keep writing though, and I've had this idea for a while though, so I'm going to be working on it until I get back to chapter 9.

Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts so far. Feedback is always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6NsZNp6Hhw go to the 1 hour and 10 minute mark and read what you wrote hear while listening to this on head phones. hope you get the wicked cool feeling i got when i did this.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 8, 2015
Last Updated on February 8, 2015


Author

starfast
starfast

Canada



About
http://starfast99.deviantart.com/ more..

Writing
Meticulous Meticulous

A Story by starfast


Little Boy Little Boy

A Story by starfast


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by starfast