Perfect Day

Perfect Day

A Story by Neronine

 He’s mesmerized by the sound of his feet hitting the ground as he strolls a long the sidewalk, the air shimmering in the twilight. Everything for him so bleak and unnecessary... But his thoughts are interrupted by a subtle sound in front of him. He looks up from the ground below to see a woman in front of him. Speechless he hesitates and suddenly reaches his hand out to touch her face on an impulse. Just before his fingertips touched her perfect skin she was gone. Confused he continues on home, his heart racing from the thought of her. He looks out his window, the sky darkening he decides she was just a trick of the mind he turns and climbs into bed. Laying there he stares at the ceiling unable to sleep. Without warning she is there beside him, her small delicate lips curved into a smile directed at him.The only thought that was able to cross his mind at that moment was...Such a Perfect Day...

© 2009 Neronine


Author's Note

Neronine
I was thinking about a girl that I liked. Just saying.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

To me this was kind of odd, but your author's note kind of helped me out.

Wait, is this a poem? It's posted as a story, and as a poem I don't see much in it. :(

Sorry!

It's ok as just a thought, you say you were thinking about a girl, I'm not sure that's much of a story, but the "story" seems a good expression of just a simple thought :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked this, this was wonderful.
I do as well; i loved the ending well stated.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice poem. Liked the ending;

"Such a Perfect Day."

Very Good. Keep writing! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2009

Author

Neronine
Neronine

Madison, ME



Writing
Let Down Let Down

A Story by Neronine


Wrong Wrong

A Poem by Neronine



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..