Daughter is Despair (Teaser)

Daughter is Despair (Teaser)

A Story by Essy
"

just a teaser for a story I'm writing

"

Death.

It happens to the best of us.

Some people fear it.

Others embrace it.

My name is Molly Hayes, and I know quite a lot about it.

How?

I'm his daughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Molly Amelia Hayes! Get your a*s down here!" a voice slurred, shouting from the bottom of the stairs. What had i done now?

"Coming mom." I shouted back, sighing. I got up from my bed, putting the pink nail polish back in my desk drawer. I blew on my nails, trying to dry them as I walked down the stairs.

"Molly! Why the hell is the kitchen so messy?!" A woman in her mid fourties stood in front of me, her eyes bloodshot and her hair crazy. I just about facepalmed.

"You had a party here last night, remember?" I sighed, stepping into the kitchen. It was a disaster. Cups littered the floor, and I could see spills and stains of the Whiskey my mother and her friends had been drinking. She grabbed my arm, turning me towards her, and grabbed my face, bringing it close to hers. Her breath stank of booze.

"Clean it up. Right now." she snarled, letting my face ago. She threw the bottle of liquor she had been holding at the wall, leaving glass shards and whiskey on the floor. My mother stomped out, and I could hear the car starting up and driving off. Another night at the bar for her........

I got out the cleaning supplies and started to mop up the liquids, then throwing away the trash, ect. It was almost midnight when i finally finshed, and I had school the next day. "great..." I groaned. I took one last look at the now spotless kitchen, and then down at my clothes. The purple tank top and white shorts smelled like stale alcahol. I sighed and walked upstairs, then took a shower and went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up the next day, I quickly changed into a cute top and skinny jeans, along with my signiture Manolos. Well, my signiture Mianolos. They were just a cheap rip off, I couldn't afford the normal $550 fee. But none of my friends needed to know that.....

I walked down stairs, looking out the window to see if my mom was home yet. "Of course not." I sighed, grabbing an apple and running outside to the end of the driveway. I heard a car horn, and as i turned I spotted the familiar sight of my best friend Lanie's powder blue convertable. I grinned and waved as she pulled up next to me.

"Mom still in Asia?" she asked, kicking open the passenger door. I nodded, getting in. No one knows that my mom is an alcoholic but me, and I plan on never having anyone find out. That would be the end of my life, period. Lanie started talking about Paris fasion week, and how her mother got tickets there, and I just sat there listening. Lanie was fun, but she was too obsessive with s**t like this at times. It was all Dior this, Calvin Klean that. Or was it Klein? Whatever. As always, I just sat there nodding and not listening. I stared out the window, just watching the scenery, when something weird happened. I heard a screetch of tires, then a scream, and I saw my mother's face looking terrified. I shot straight up.

"-and then in Milan, I got to meet-Molly?" Lanie had finally stopped talking, noticing my shocked expression. "Molly are you ok?" she put a hand on my shoulder.

"Get to the hospital. Now!" I looked at her, my voice strained.

"Molly??" Lanie raised an eyebrow.

"Now!!" I almost screamed. Lanie still looked confused, but turned around, heading to the hostpital. I gripped the seat, a feeling of dread coming over me. I had had this happen once before to me....Lanie's brother had been hit my a car on his bike when he was five, and we were ten. He had died instantally. I was at my house then, just watching t.v, but had known instantally when he had died. DId this mean......no. I couldn't think that way. My mom would be ok. ....Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

© 2011 Essy


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Essy
just a teaser, the real story will come out soon

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great teaser, pulls the audience in. Just remember:

You cant have this: !!!. Its only one !

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
1 Review
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2011

Author

Essy
Essy

Somewhere



About
I'm bad at describing myself. However, I hope I'm good about writing about other people. Read a story or too, tell me if I have it. more..

Writing
Which path? Which path?

A Story by Essy


Gas and Brake Gas and Brake

A Story by Essy