Envy

Envy

A Poem by Essy
"

Assignment for English Class

"

I am Envy. My wispy fingers grab your chin, forcing it to look at her bag. Isn’t it lovely? I whisper in your ear. Don’t you want it? I taunt it in front of your face, enjoying your expression when you realize you can’t have it. My chartreuse slips through your eyes, residing in your skin as you watch her walk with it.

 

I am Invidiousness. I open your eyes wider; prop them open with my hand. Watch I say, watch them together. Don’t they look happy? I force you to think that you want what they have. I change your ideas about love. As you watch him, I realize you have met my sister Lust. We’re perfect together. I let you know what you can’t have; she makes you want it more.

 

I am Jealousy. You will never be as good as them I hiss in your ear as you watch your friends play. Even with practice, you will never be even close. I clench your fists tightly, and drag the corners of your lips down. I narrow your eyes, and push you out of the door, towards my cousin, Unhappiness.

 

I drive Logic away, cast stones when she comes near. Wisdom is hot on her tracks, and I destroy him as well. When I hold you, they cannot come near. I protect you from them. Esteem tries to sneak up behind us, but with a wave of my hand, my minion Illusion pushes her away. I will keep you from them forever, if you’ll just let me. 

© 2011 Essy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on March 7, 2011
Last Updated on March 7, 2011

Author

Essy
Essy

Somewhere



About
I'm bad at describing myself. However, I hope I'm good about writing about other people. Read a story or too, tell me if I have it. more..

Writing
Which path? Which path?

A Story by Essy


Gas and Brake Gas and Brake

A Story by Essy