Sometimes Y

Sometimes Y

A Poem by Essy
"

Another poem or English class. We were supposed to assign a colour to each vowel.

"
A-pink; the rosy flesh of a stereotypical woman, the pink power ranger. Barbies wear pink; stoners see pink elephants on trips. Maybe your pink is a slip, endangering your career. Maybe it reminds you of your favorite movie, of Rizzo and her ladies. My pink, however, is the sky before a sunset.

E-white; E is nothing. E is everything. It's the symbol of peace. The yang to your yin. The sky on a snowy day. E is extreme heat. E is longing for more, calling out your name while you run away.

I-red; I is a cardinal against a tree. Red is the alpha to your omega, the fire burning high into the night. Red is the passion displayed on his rosy cheeks, the blood in the hands of Death. Red is the surface of mars, the communism hidden in a flag. Red is the smell of spices in an Indian market, the mud that causes you to turn back on your hike.

O-blue; O is lapis lazuli. O is sadness, the wrinkles on an ok mans face. O is male. O is an ocean, filled with animals coloured O. O is Vishnu and Shiva. O is rain on a window pane, the smell of pine trees on a mountain. O is the colour of Ireland on Saint Patricks Day. O is music, sounding through a trumpet.

U-purple; U is a people eater. U is a geek. U is the blood of the Klingon, the weapon of Mace Windu. U is 4-solid, 12-striped. U is the matter of your brain. U is dark magic, cast by a rogue wizard. U is imagination running rampant through your head. U is the throne of royalty, the colour of the flowers in the vases surrounding it. U is the intoxicating smell of her perfume. U? U is death.

© 2011 Essy


Author's Note

Essy
I typed this up on my phone, so all errors
Are cause...this was typed on my phone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on March 7, 2011
Last Updated on March 7, 2011

Author

Essy
Essy

Somewhere



About
I'm bad at describing myself. However, I hope I'm good about writing about other people. Read a story or too, tell me if I have it. more..

Writing
Which path? Which path?

A Story by Essy


Gas and Brake Gas and Brake

A Story by Essy