Best Friends Till Boy Do Us Part

Best Friends Till Boy Do Us Part

A Poem by Kelly
"

My best friend decided a boy was more important than the greatest friendship she had.

"
My heart is aching, my brain is fried, I feel as if I've nearly died. So long ago I called you my friend but when worst came to worst, you were much less in the end. I can't stop thinking how much I miss you but then I remember he's the reason I dismissed you. Constantly accusing me if ditching our plans when all I was doing was extending my hand. Because if you haven't seen by now this was bound to happen, consistent ignoring would have led me to snap. Luckily For me I got out in time however you're stuck with the guilt of my feelings left behind. You've lost your innocence to a boy you hardly knew, a decision you'll regret when you come to. You don't realize that he is controlling your life, he pushed me away because he's not your type. We were like sisters and that just wouldn't do because to him our friendship was toxic to you. He wanted you all to himself because I was a condition affecting tour health. I was taking your attention away and he simply couldn't bare it that way. He tells you he thinks I treat you with disrespect because 1 day out of hundreds I hung out with another friend. Suddenly I'm the villain with nothing to offer but with him in your life, why even bother. Next year he'll be a senior leaving you behind a lonely sophomore but don't come crying to me when he leaves your heart torn. I told you once and you didn't listen, this guy says he loves you but for only a minute. Trust me, I see right through him, he's using you because you're pretty but, college girls are more mature, leaving you to feel s****y. I bet high schoo'ls great but let me know soon, when your boyfriend picks someone else over you, how it feels with a heart torn wide, exactly like you did to mine.      

© 2010 Kelly


Author's Note

Kelly
The length only describes half of how much this situation is eating away at my brain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on June 29, 2010
Last Updated on June 29, 2010

Author

Kelly
Kelly

NJ



About
My poems highlight significant moments in my life. Many tell you about my problems while others subtly inform you about my life. Either way, you may feel we've grown a bit closer because my writings a.. more..

Writing