Love at First Kite

Love at First Kite

A Story by Kelly
"

Just a cute story:)

"
I walked to the park today because it was the first day in weeks it hasn't been ninety-five degrees. A milder eighty-five is perfect. I slipped on my flip flops and set out to embrace the beautiful June day with my golden retriever, Marley. Original, i know. Anyway, he barked for minutes before we left until I realized he wanted me to take the kite with us. He has some weird obsession with this kite like it's his good luck charm or something. After arriving, I attatched the string to the kite's crossed wood and let it go into the wind. Marley sat next to me in the grass staring up at the beautiful hand crafted kite as if he were worshipping it. I scratched at his back and then his belly. He rolled over and started the thing where you scratch that one spot and his leg starts kicking motion. Where else but into the opposite hand holding the string securing his beloved kite. I unconciously let it go and snapped my head up to see the kite fly straight into the green-leaved oak tree to my left. I jumped up at first then thought to myself, "What am I supposed to do about it now?" I walked over to the tree and tried to reach and jump to grab to kite string, failing both attempts. I glanced over at Marley still staring at the kite with a distraught-dog look on his face. I went over to him and rested my hand on his head when I heard a voice from behind me. "Hey, I can help with that if you want." I turned around to see a man a few inches taller than me, looking into the tree where the kite was. He was gorgeous. Dark brown hair, deep blue eyes, and muscles perfectly outlined in his perfect gray t-shirt. "Yeah, that'd be great!" Soon enough, the man was actually climbing the tree, grasping each limb he flung himself from branch to branch until he reached the kite, a good eight or nine feet up. He took the kite under his chisled arm and jumped from the branches to the ground. I stared in amazement as he walked to kite over to me and Marley. He handed it back to me. "Thank you so much..." I paused. "Logan," he said. "Logan. I like that name," I said. Then he asked, " What's your name?" I suddenly froze. I know he's only asking for my name, but he's gorgeous! Breathe, breathe. "Kelly," I managed to say. "Hmm, well, Kelly, it seems your kite has a tear in it. I have some things I can fix it with real quick. I'll patch it up if you aren't in a hurry." "Sure, thanks!" I said. He walked off with the kite back to where he was sitting and I kneeled next to Marley and kissed him on the top of his head. Soon enough, Logan was back with the kite. The tear had an x-shaped piece of tape over it. When he handed it to me, our fingers brushed against each others and I felt tingly throughout my arm. He smiled at me and said, "All patched up! It's as good as new." We chuckled and he said, "I hope I see you around." And walked away. I glared at the back of his head in shock. What was that supposed to mean? He hopes he'd see me again? I looked back down at the kite and flipped it over. He had written something in the crossed wood. His number! Oh my gosh, that's what he meant! He wants me to call him! I looked back in the direction he had walked to find him sitting in the grass peering over the top of a book...at me! I quickly turned around and knelt once more next to Marley and whispered, "I think this kite just might be my good luck charm, too"

© 2010 Kelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

165 Views
Added on June 29, 2010
Last Updated on June 29, 2010

Author

Kelly
Kelly

NJ



About
My poems highlight significant moments in my life. Many tell you about my problems while others subtly inform you about my life. Either way, you may feel we've grown a bit closer because my writings a.. more..

Writing