The Laptop Encounters A Plum Moon

The Laptop Encounters A Plum Moon

A Poem by Neverwhere
"

thinking about long distance relationships. They are not always a good idea...

"


I sit back against the plum pillows.  Staring at computer screen, feel mocked by the little kiwi laptop.  Again.  He said he would "BRB".  How often have I seen that abbreviation appear?  Waiting for hours alone, rapt in front of a frozen screen.  Knowing he had fallen asleep or was out kickin' it with a buddy.  Forgets about me and the time. Never truly really realizes that I am counting on our conversations.  My life line out of my orchid room, my tiny life.  We can look out at the same plum moon, you know.  The rabbit there watching us both.  We could be Sypkeing each other and looking into each others faces.  Have a real conversation about the life we are trying find together.  My mind is blank as I try to think of any number of other topics.  File my nails. rasp, rasp, rasp.  Suddenly the computer chimes at me.  It is him.  What was I  thinking about?  I can't remember now.  He is in the room with me again.  Meeting him has made me complete.  It is a bolt of lightning.

 

 

the chime

lightning flash of words

on a kiwi laptop we meet

© 2013 Neverwhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your forthright writing approach. You haven't wasted your time with flowery expose.

I have been in this position on occasion, and also have been the one to inspire such feelings in others. I expect that there are many others who totally relate to this piece.

What to do to fill in that time while waiting? Lets file those nails (again - cuz one knows that it wasn't the first time.) I loved that.

Then - just like that, they are back, and the world is all right once more. All is forgiven now the wait is passed and the heart once more beats with satisfaction.

Is not affection just like that?

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is the only other haibun I have seen here in the Cafe! So exciting! I like this little snippet in time. She is left waiting, again. The rasp, rasp of the file and the chime are good auditory words. I end up feeling her sadness and lonliness. I want to feel some anger. Angi~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Long distance relationships are never easy. The imagery and emotions are well portrayed throughout this piece.

Suddenly the computer chimes at me. It is him. What was I thinking about? I can't remember now. He is in the room with me again. Meeting him has made me complete.

We tend to lose ourselves in this person and all is made complete upon their return.



Posted 10 Years Ago


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
you really like fruits and flowers I've noticed ;)

this is cute and made me half-smile (probably more meaningful than a full smile on my face). I currently experience a bit of this in my own life and other than the few misspelled words here and there, this little bit of writing made me even more appreciate the friendship I have with that special someone. keep writing, Neverwhere.

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 27, 2013
Tags: contemorary, Haibun, romance

Author

Neverwhere
Neverwhere

Morro Bay, CA



About
It's a little world but it's all my mine. A Phale`ne Orchid and Chrysanthemum world in shades of kiwi green, fushia purple,and a blushing white. a little dog lays his head down upon my pillow as I ent.. more..

Writing