Are You Trying to Seduce Me?

Are You Trying to Seduce Me?

A Chapter by NewYorkNights
"

Um. Latin is spoken and stuff. It's honestly just a nonsense chapter.

"
"So..." I begin.
"So?"
"What's your story?" I ask as we trek far, far away from Freeside. Hell, I didn't even know if I could find my way back now, we were so far away.
"Don't really have one honestly. Or more of, I don't remember if I have one. I was delivering a Platinum chip and got shot in the head. Gonna find the man who did it and kill 'im."
"Seems that was a little too easy to part such information from you."
"It's not like I've got much to lose. Besides you, of course."
"Oh, I'm not much to keep. You'd be better off with your robot dog. Or maybe a tame Deathclaw."
"His name is Rex. And as for the Deathclaws, no. Just no. Never. I f*****g hate Deathclaws."
There was a little silence. Ellis and I had been walking through the desert for days. I'm not sure why I hadn't asked him his background story before, but it just never occurred to me to do so. Maybe it's because I don't like talking about myself. I also was not sure why I hadn't asked the name of that robot dog before. Either way, Ellis was a nice companion. He had quite a stock of food, which he always gave me more of, water, which was shared the same way as food, stimpaks, and conversation. He was quite loyal to boot, and was one hell of a shot with his hunting rifle.
"So after you kill the guy that shot you, any plans?"
"Not at all. Just live, I guess. Take it with a grain of salt."
"I thought the expression was with a grain of sand."
"I'm pretty sure it's salt. Either way, I just want to live. Carpe diem, I guess."
I raised one blonde eyebrow and elbowed Ellis a little. "Are you trying to impress me with Latin?"
He looked at me, his head turning slowly, those damnable goggles blocking out his face. I still hadn't seen him without any of his gear, and truthfully, it bothered me a little.
"A little bit. Is it working?" he asked, his voice hinting he was smiling. I smiled back.
"A little bit."


© 2011 NewYorkNights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Added on October 4, 2011
Last Updated on October 4, 2011


Author

NewYorkNights
NewYorkNights

MO



About
Iunno. Arianna. Old enough to drink in France. I like people sometimes. I like to do stuff and things. I have no idea what this nonsense is called. Expect lots of gay. more..

Writing