The Whiny Noob

The Whiny Noob

A Story by Newbunkle
"

Throwing the dummy out of the pram.

"

He stared at the screen in dismay, as the results of the tragic error revealed themselves. His beloved work was gone, swallowed by oblivion. He had carelessly neglected to make back ups of his work, and entrusted the safety of his only copies to a writer's website. He thought this was a good idea. He thought wrong.

 

His fist was clenched and he gritted his teeth in rage. This was all their fault! It must be! He began to formulate a plan. He would punish them, but how? Suddenly the idea came to him, and a smirk appeared over his red face. Enraged, he opened up a competition and poured his hate and anger into it. He fiendishly crafted his insults, and mocked them. He called forth a number of expletives as if they were hellfire, then he laughed. Surely everyone would join him in his walkout, in protest over this heinous crime! They didn't. He failed to destroy the website. He failed at life.

 

THE END

© 2008 Newbunkle


Author's Note

Newbunkle
This isn't a serious work, so you don't need to reply. It was created to submit to a fake competition, which was opened in revenge by a member who then closed his account.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, I rather enjoyed it! I stumbled upon this hideous contest and thought to myself, "Self, who is the idiot in this plight?" The answer was quite simple! HE IS!

The site is not to blame for his negligence in NOT saving his works to CD or to a Word Processing program!

Then again, his screen name says a lot about his mentality...Finger pointing began a long time ago in a garden...

The women you gave me, she made me eat it...HAH! the serpent, it's his fault - he beguiled me!...

tsk tsk tsk...

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

haha! i saw that "contest" and i thought the exact same thing you did... i mean its one thing to be mad that the site lost your work, but you didnt make copies?!? what kind of writer are you? even just for copyright reasons, that should be one of the first things you do!

this was hilarious!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Lol I rather enjoyed this little story. Serves the idiot right for not having a backup. I bring mine onto here from what I already have typed up on my desktop lol. I is smart! :P

Posted 15 Years Ago


Haha! I love this! Short and simple. I think we will be a happier community with one less nay-sayer. And if he didn't back up his work somewhere else, then it is his own fault he lost everything.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hahah - yeah what a ponce. Nice one ;-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


LOL. Nice! Very entertaining!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

xD, I found the competition freakishly funny too, it is just completely HILARIOUS. Using a competition, and omg seriously it wouldn't work. I was about to write something like this too, but you've done it xD.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hahahaha, I am so pleased to see someone actually wrote something for this t**d muffin!!!!

Infact, this was actually written really, really well!

He fails, majorly.

Congrats on putting him in his place.
Cheers.



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sad, but very true. There are a great many people {too many} who will always blame others for their own mistakes.
I had to shake my head when I read that "contest", then my eyes bugged out when I saw that people actually submitted something, and laughed when I read this {looks like I'll be reading the other "entries" as well - LOL}. You should think of doing more like this, it's quite a talent. Just think of all the political crud going on and the clowning that could be done {beyond what the late night hosts already do, that is}.

Peace to you and yours,
Matthew "Dra'Gon" Stohler

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Just goes to prove that if you don't know how the internetworks you shouldn't use it. I pity him honestly but not enough to even acknowledge his problms. He has no one to blame but himelf.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I couldn't even get what the issue was. A system crash? I wouldn't have gotten that upset, I usually do backup my best poems, even if I hadn't...It is just poetry.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on May 8, 2008

Author

Newbunkle
Newbunkle

Truro, United Kingdom



About
I've always wanted to be a writer, and tried out a few short stories when I was in college. My friends enjoyed them, and passed them onto their friends, until a number of people I didn't know had read.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..