Edward

Edward

A Story by Camille Corbett
"

It's Edith Wharton's reincarnate!

"

 

Leaving my morals aside for this new road of revenge I am taking has been a very emotional task. However, I truly believe that after the dose of reality I have set in store for this man of ill judgment and even worse manners, remorse will resonate through his being and others if his kind. His Kind, of course being the fellowship of small men, not in stature, but in body and soul. Yes, my Edward is a very small man; in fact, he is the smallest man I ever encountered in my thirty-four and half years of living. You may say, who are you to judge how big or small a man is? Well, my dearies I shall tell you why this man is so very minute; he cheated on me. I understand what you are thinking now, oh, just another typical scorned woman out to get a man who never wanted her in the first place, but it wasn’t like that, not at all.

 

I remember when I first met my lovely Edward, it was at a bar. You could tell with his glossy charcoal colored hair and pale skin with natural pink rosebuds of a delighted youth on his cheeks that Edward was the most handsome man there, all the women in the venue made sideway glances or even blatant stares at his pale, glowing face, or the tightness of his cashmere sweater around his gym honed muscles or the simple elegance of his wool trousers. Everyone that is, but me, it was not that I thought him ugly, certainly not, or unpleasant by any other means, but I felt this uneasiness about him that made me not want to bring attention my attraction for him by any means. I guess being the small man he is it must have perturbed him that a member of the opposite sex was not gawking at his countenance every five seconds and decided to make me realize the brevity of his tacit beauty up close. Well, he sure made me realize, because before I knew it I was tumbling around with him in my living room trying to control my moans so the neighbors wouldn’t hear, for what I thought was a one night stand.

 

As you may already be able to tell our one night stand evolved to dating mode, which in turn turned into, girlfriend and boyfriend which quickly changed to living together/ fiancée, then ultimately to newly wed. I must say, that those two years with Edward were the best years of my adult life. Edward was the best of best beaus, he always sent me flowers and sweets, he bought me practically everything I could possibly want; jewelry, clothing, electronics, you name it, Edward bought for me, my parents simply adored this man and so did the rest of my family for that matter. Everything seemed so perfect, and it was. Although the material part of being his “one and only” was quite nice, my favorite part of our time together was after making passionate love we would just talk, about nothing and everything at the same time. Yes those were the good days, too bad they were over so very soon.

 

A year into our marriage Edward started working late. At first, I thought it was nothing, a mere hassle on my wonderful husband, until one day I saw a condom in one of his pant’s pocket while I saw searching for a few dollars to pay off the pizza boy. I was pregnant at the time, so I knew it could not possibly be for me. I took one look at my bulging belly and tears came quicker than I could possibly imagine. I stayed, clutching those pair of Italian made pants to my chest sobbing and moaning with no sense of time or place. My whole world had been destroyed by a little plastic lubricated balloon, “how could he do this to me” is all I could think, “Why’’?

 

I confronted that liar when he got home, and do you know what he said to me? That b*****d just shrugged his shoulders and said;” boys will be boys”. Crushed, I began crying like baby and this pathetic small hunk of rubbish continued on saying “You are all gross and pregnant now, I’ll stop seeing that w***e when you are back to normal”. Pardon me? What type of callous person talks about a person you are having the most personal experience you can with another human being like they are a nothing, a mere tool! Well, I packed my bags after that little statement, whilst Edward the whole time, tried to apologize and blame my sudden rush of disgust towards him to my pregnancy, and I slammed the front door to our luxury condo right in his filthy, adulterous face.

 

So this is where I am, at the top of a ledge. I am going to jump, not because I am so sick of husband I cannot take it anymore, but to teach him a lesson. I know that me and my unborn son are the most important thing in his life right now, and if I jump it will crush him and he might change his ways. I want him to read this, and if he is I want him to know that I love him, more than anyone, and I am doing this so he can better himself and hopefully teach other men to be better. Also I forgive him for sleeping around with another woman and to remind him that she is a person also, and maybe he should marry her since he ruined our marriage and ultimately killed me for her. Also I request a closed casket for my funeral, I would hate for Edward to see how “gross and pregnant” I am.

 

 

© 2009 Camille Corbett


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow. this is stark in its content or intent rather, but I sense a bigger story. SOmething you could expand into a larger piece....there is the seed of drama...just a thought.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 5, 2009

Author

Camille Corbett
Camille Corbett

Marietta, GA



About
I'm a 21 year old Fulbright ETA writing to kill the time and find my sanity. I have been gone for a while. But I have returned, so watch out for some new stories. more..

Writing
Sammie Sammie

A Story by Camille Corbett