Scary Dreams

Scary Dreams

A Story by Nickelass
"

Just a little something I wrote, based on a repetitive dream I used to have as a kid.

"
Isn't it weird how you have the most nightmares as a kid? Isn't it weird how everyone has that one nightmare over and over, as if someone or something wants you to remember it? Why is it you have so many nightmares as a kid? Why is it you keep having them? Why do we lose our imagination for monsters, and creatures of the night?    

     I can't answer any of these questions for you, but what I can do is tell you my experience with these questions. The most memorable nightmare I remember having as a child, was not long, nor was it detailed. It was short, and had no specific reason, or so I thought.     

      The dream was very clear, and vivid, and would start out totally normal. I would wake up, and do one of those stereotypical stretches, then sit at the edge of my bed, with my feet dangling over the side. Then, all of a sudden, I would get this weird feeling, like somebody is staring at me. Then I would stand up, and out of (what seems like) no where, something would grab my ankles and drag me under my bed, but as I go to let out a yelp, I discover that I have no voice.

 

     Seems like a pretty normal thing for kids to dream, right? Only thing is, I've started having this dream again. It all started about a month ago, but each time I have this dream, I go a little bit farther and learn a little bit more about it than I did the previous time I had the dream. The first time I started having these dreams, it was exactly as I remembered it. So when I woke up I thought nothing of it. I shrugged it off and went on with my day. For about a week, things were normal, and then I had the dream again, but this time, it was a little bit longer. This time, I didn't wake up after he grabbed me, this time, I went under the bed. This time, I got flipped onto my back and saw a shadowy figure with glowing red eyes, just staring, and then I wake up. When I wake up this time, I'm a little freaked out, and it's a majority of what I think about for the day, but I don't let it ruin my day. What really starts to bug me though, is the fact that I haven't aged a bit in the dream, since I had them as a kid.

 

     A couple nights later I have the same dream, again a little bit longer and a little bit clearer than the last. This time when I wake up in the dream, I have this feeling of regret, like I didn't want to be there. It's like I knew what was gonna happen, but I couldn't stop it. I could also hear this figure murmuring something when I was under the bed. When I wake up in the morning, I have the same feeling of regret I had in the dream. I was also scared to get out of bed. Crazy, right?

 

     At this point, I've started to notice this dream get more vivid every night, as if it's coming to life. This, creature that's grabbing me, seems to actually be stealing my voice, and using it to say something to me. All I could make out was, "no one" and "you".  I've also started to notice weird carvings, and strange drawings on my wall. Lately, this dream has started to drive me crazy. It's all I can think about, I have started to notice the drawings on my wall, everywhere. It's like it is no longer a dream. I can't control myself, it's gotten to the point where I refuse to sleep, but that doesn't stop him..

 

     I fell asleep by accident a few nights ago. This time, I saw it's face, and I wish I hadn't. If i could describe it, I would, sadly though I cannot. I also can't forget that face, like it's burned into my mind. It haunts me, where ever I am, whatever I'm doing, every time I blink, I see that putrid face.

 

     Three nights ago, I decided I need to know what happens next. I mean, it is just a dream, right? I'm starting to make out the carvings on the wall, its just a bunch of '6's in random directions. I also made out some of what it said, "No one can hear you scream..." and "...always...with you...". This time I wake up with a feeling of utter regret. Why did I need to know? Why is this happening to me?

 

     I decided it's too late to turn back now, and I really have no choice in the matter at all. The next night, I have a totally different dream, I'm in a strange and unknown room, it's pitch black, and I hear a faint laughter in the distance. It lasts for what feels like hours. The next day, I immediately go to the drug store, and buy sleeping pills, because I need to know what's going on.

 

     I fall asleep about an hour after getting home, and the dream is back to normal. This time though, when I get dragged under, I clearly see what looks like a demon, just staring at me, with glowing red eyes. It speaks clearly this time, it says, "No one can hear you scream for help. I am always with you, when you are sleeping, and when you are awake.". I notice the demon no longer uses my voice to speak, so I asked it what it was, and it replied simply, "I, am your Guardian Angel.".

© 2011 Nickelass


Author's Note

Nickelass
Give me constructive criticism. I want to hear what i did right, but i want to know where I'm wrong, so i can improve, Thanks!:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a very well written piece. I loved the details put into the story. You did a really nice job on this. I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think you're a VERY talented writer!! Keep up the good work Nick;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 25, 2011
Last Updated on December 25, 2011

Author

Nickelass
Nickelass

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada



About
I am still in highschool, and i find writing a passion, for i have the imagination of a child still. I try to use this to my advantage, but i have still yet to find motivation to actually start new st.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Nickelass


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Nickelass


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Nickelass