Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Nickelass

When the infection hit Ontario, it hit it hard. Within 24 hours, it had spread from Buffalo to Thunder Bay.  I hadn’t realized how many people lived in Oshawa until I saw the infected population chasing the un-infected around the streets. I’ve never known such a terror, until I had saw what the infection really does to somebody. Kelly had burst into tears at the sight, as did David, even though he tried to hide it. Even I wanted to cry at that moment.

We had decided to stay in for as long as we could, we boarded up the windows and the doors. This had worked for a while until we ran out of supplies about two and a half weeks later. So we decided to see how the city was doing in its current state. It had been a few days since we had heard anyone screaming. So we got some water, our weapons, and the small amount of food we had left, and headed out. We would have taken our car, but there was no way we would have even gotten out of the driveway with all the rubble around.

The first thing we saw was devastation, anywhere you looked, was death. Other than the dead bodies littered everywhere, the streets were seemingly deserted. The whole town was wrecked windows were broken, and doors were smashed, there was even a house that seemingly burnt down at the end of the street. You could tell every other building had been searched for loot; why we didn’t encounter any problems in two weeks escapes me, but I’m not complaining.

We walked for what seemed like hours before we came across any signs of life, or anything. Then, out of nowhere, somebody, down the road, just walking around aimlessly. Kelly started running towards him and when he noticed her he started running at her. I yelled as loud as I could for her to come back; she couldn’t hear me as she kept running. I started running as fast as I could to try to help, leaving David behind.

Kelly and the man were now face to face and Kelly let out a scream as soon as she saw his glazed eyes. She tried to run away but the man tackled her to the ground. Once I had caught up I had kicked the man in the head with enough force to knock him off of Kelly. David had caught up by now and dragged Kelly away from me and the man. The man had now gotten up and drew his attention to me, he started running towards me. I quickly got out of the way; only for him to turn around and keep running. This time I was ready though, I gripped the hatchet in my hand, closed my eyes and swung as hard as I could. I heard a pair of screams come from behind me, and when I had opened my eyes, the hatchet was three inches into the side of his skull. I let go of the hatchet in horror at what I had done, it took me a minute to grip reality; we were in a lot of trouble. I proceeded to put my foot on the man’s neck, and pulled the hatchet out, with the hatchet followed a sound from a horror movie and blood rushing out of the wound.



© 2012 Nickelass


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on April 10, 2012
Last Updated on May 8, 2012


Author

Nickelass
Nickelass

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada



About
I am still in highschool, and i find writing a passion, for i have the imagination of a child still. I try to use this to my advantage, but i have still yet to find motivation to actually start new st.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Nickelass


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Nickelass


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Nickelass