A Recipe on the Past

A Recipe on the Past

A Poem by Nicole Renee

 

Just mix a pinch of guilt,

Add a dosage of uncomfortable juice,

And maybe add a tablespoon of weirdness!

Then you’d get the heaviness that I’m feeling

From this toxic drink you just gave to me;

So make this feeling go away,

I hate how this is turning out anyways!

© 2008 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
Yeah, this came to me as I'm talking to one of my friends online...she was telling me about her day at school and how some guy was flirting with her, which made me remind myself of last year...which some guy had hit on me and asked me out (yeah, I'm not telling the whole story because then I'd feel awkward about it...that's all I'm telling you!!!) I started feeling just....weird. That's why the title is the title. O.o" Lol. And I feel I made this too short and a bit corny sounding...but...its' ok..I guess.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The last two lines seem out of place, simply because the first bit is so inventive and striking to me.
I suppose if possible, make the last two lines a bit more fancy to continue the flow of the poem?
I simply adored the recipe part. It sounded like me. ^.^

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well, I am always impressed when someone is able to write a short piece and still get there point across. The metaphor is really good. Thanks for sharing with us.

Posted 16 Years Ago


...i dunno, i like the fact that it is as short as it is. If it were any longer I think it would feel forced, and I didn't get corny from it... I like the idea of there being a recipe for the weirdness of our pasts. This was nice, short, simple and sweet. All very good things.

There was one line that was slightly awkward though. "Add a dosage of an uncomfortable juice,"... what would you think about getting rid of that "an"... it's just slightly awkward.

But good work! ^^

Posted 16 Years Ago


i like it im sure some day you will feel lead to add more good work

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2008
Last Updated on April 14, 2008

Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Borrowed Borrowed

A Poem by Emily B