The Analysis

The Analysis

A Chapter by Nicole Renee
"

Prologue

"

FOR DOCTOR JOSPHEH ALAN HATHRONE

[THE ANALYSIS AND OVERVIEW]

Patient: 309251

Name of Patient:  Yvonne Blackwell

Age: Unknown

Background: When Yvonne arrived a few years ago to Ivory Asylum, we were told that she should be watched over from time to time, the patient’s parents thinking that Yvonne was suffering from ‘the dreams in her sleep’ and that she was ‘seeing things’. Also, they said that she has a disease called Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), so we should keep an eye peeled out for “Shirlee”.

Disease(s): Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID); Depersonalization (connected to DID). 

Others: Yvonne seems to take an interest in clowns, especially The Joker from Batman (Yvonne saids that she relates to the Hallie’s Smile on his face). Also, Shirlee only shows up whenever Yvonne is angry or stressed out.

 

 

Oh, Dr.Hathrone, I did some research for you on the diseases listed above. I know they’re not necessary, but you can be very…..forgetful at times.  

 

Notes: Depersonalization (or depersonalization) is an alteration in the perception or experience of the self so that one feels detached from, and as if one is an outside observer of, one's mental processes or body. It is a feeling of watching oneself act, while having no control over a situation.

 

Signs:

-Feeling like they’re in a movie

-Out of body experience

-Hazy

-Not in control

 

Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a single person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities; like alter egos or alters. Each of them is with its own pattern of perceiving and interaction with the environment.

 

Signs-Symptoms:

-Amnesia

-Headaches, pains

-Distortion

-Depression 

 

Analyzer’s Signature and Print:

             Doctor Marianna Lexington 

          Doctor Marianna Lexington

 

 

 

 

A cat like sigh came out of the doctor slowly. The feeling of molasses covered her thin, un-pressed pink lips, the time going faster than it would during any other day. Doctor Lexington had never liked observing Yvonne’s room, sympathy always reaching out towards her whenever had past or observed her room in the past. She had a young daughter of her own, being about eight years old with a bubbly personality, which cheered Lexington up whenever she was done with work in one of her down spill moods from working at the asylum for so long. It kept her sane from becoming insane, like the patients that cried or moaned in the front of Lexington whenever she had to analyze them.

             Closing her eyes tight at the thought of being tired, a tiny alarm clock buzzed off her wrist watch, a small jolt of surprise getting to Lexington.
“Oh dear, it’s that time already?” The doctor observed, licking her almost capped lips moist with her tongue. It was growing closer to ten o’clock, which was around the time Lexington was on the road going home. She knew that about any second, Janelle would calling her, asking Momma, are you on your way home? and How are the ‘crazy people’ were doing?, not knowing that they weren’t crazy since Janelle was too young to understand. But it was a small discussion that Lexington had to think about off and on, her daughter always referring to the patients as ‘crazy’ at times, considering her once a month visits to Ivory Asylum. Lazily checking her watch, Lexington gave a nod to the young girl in her room, watching her out of the corner of her eye as she walked away with the task of putting her coat on.

            Yvonne sat there with her long, stick hair by her face, clutching her knees to her chest as Yvonne drew little stars on her skin with her fingertip.  Lexington turned away from the girl’s room, slipping on her gloves while she tucked the analysis in Doctor Hawthrone’s mail slot. It made a soft clinking sound; as was Lexington’s hospitaled shoe feet.  She closed the double doors towards the exit sign, biting down on her lower lip as she left the day behind. The craving for a cigarette was in order for the thirty seven year old, a diehard ‘disease’ that Lexington hated about herself, the pangs for it growing strong as she got closer to the exit door.

            When she turn the right turn to the red letters that said exit, Lexington dug through her purse for the camels and her lighter. It was a struggle for her to see inside the darkness of the purse, yet got brighter when she got under the street light.
“Aha, there we go!” A smirk played upon her lips, placing the cigarette inside her mouth. She covered it up as her lighter flamed up, touching the tip of the cigarette like it was a fire next to paper. Exhaling lightly, Lexington blew out the smoke and swore she felt the smoke dance on her taste buds a bit. It was nasty habit, yet it was a reliever for Lexington, smoking since the end of her high school career.

 

            As the weary doctor inhaled the smoke into her mouth again, she got a shiver up her spine, shaking her head as Lexington ignored the voice that was supposedly calling her name. But what she didn’t know was that it was Yvonne crying out about seeing Lexington hazily by a fire, screaming as the hauntful 'vision' consumed her mind….

 



© 2008 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
Inspiration:
The Joker from Batman: The Dark Knight for
the whole story and Yvonne. : ]

** I've always been interested in DID ever since I watched Secret Window with Johnny Depp in it. I almost got to do a research power point in Psychology in the 10th grade,but did a similar disease to it.
Also, the descriptions and signs of the diseases are true.

..What'd you think of the last sentence? Was is good? : ]
OH! OH! This story will flip to Karla's POV (young girl working at the alysum) and Yvonne's POV.
But for this, it's just a doctor's.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very interesting write
...
good job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like it so far, I myself am writing a novella set in a mental hospital in the POV of a patient so its nice to one from the doctor, even though you're going to change the POV's it's still nice to read. Your writing style flows well and I'm eager to read more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i enjoyed this very much. loved the detail, very good! ^^ I very much want to read more. cant wait.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
269
Loved it! generates desire to read more. I'll be happy to read the end. chalry

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think the word would be "haunting", I'm not even sure if the word "hauntful" exists. There are some similar mistakes in the text: I think you meant "sticky hair" and not "stick hair". All that aside, this looks like an interesting beginning. It gives you the feeling that Yvonne's "illness" isn't just that, though it may be just me.

I'll certainly want to read more.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 12, 2008
Last Updated on December 16, 2008
Previous Versions


Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee