St. Valentine’s Day Massacre...

St. Valentine’s Day Massacre...

A Story by Nicky Sarti
"

Small romantic short story, based around a mystery valentines card ...

"

To my beautiful Liberal.
Thinking of you.
My heart has always belonged to you.
Yours, with Love,
Mr. Blue Eyed Boy xxx


She had been staring at the card for the past hour, she was sure she knew who had sent it; but she was also sure this would not end well for her either.
“He’s a popular guy Sam, he’ll of sent loads!” Lexie bemoaned to her friend behind the counter, sighing deeply as she took a sip of her drink.
“Don’t be daft Lexie, you are clearly the one!” Henry chipped in from behind the kitchen counter, giving his famous cheeky grin.
“Only one way to find out you know...” Luke piped up, heading out towards the seating area; cleaning rag and spray in hand. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to, but last Valentines didn’t exactly go according to plan! After sending the two men in her life cards and gifts, only to have them both ignore her efforts; she was determined not to make the same mistakes again!

 

“Didn’t exactly go well the last time though did it?” Lexie snorted; afraid this time would be no different.
“You won’t know if you don’t try Lex!” Sam returned, knowing she was right; yet not wanting to push her friend like others had in the past.
“What do I say, who do I text?” Lexie asked, sighing deeply and giving in; she knew they were right anyways ~ they always were!
“What if it isn’t from either of them?” She added, looking at the card once more.
“You could do what it says on the back Lexie...”  Henry offered, pointing to the back of the card and smiling. Looking at him like he had three heads, Lexie turned the card over only to find; sure enough there was more writing.


If you are sure, and still love me;
please meet me tonight (14/02/2013)
at Church’s China in The Ridings.
8pm Sharp!
I promise you forever...
And the best night ever xxx


“There you go Lexie!” Luke offered, pointing to the fact the rest of her friends were right. And in truth, she always knew they were; she just didn’t want to admit it yet.
“Alright, alright; I’m going!” Lexie said as she finished her drink, turning to leave; but thanking her friends before she did so.

 

Four hours later and fifteen outfit changes later, and Lexie was checking herself out in the mirror ~ choosing the first outfit she had picked all those hours ago!
“You look just fine Lexie!” Sarah offered her friend, sighing and rolling her eyes after what seemed like forever.
“Will you just get gone already woman, you’ll end up being later!” She added, looking at her watch then to Lexie.
“I’m just not sure Sarah, what if it isn’t him?” Lexie softly admitted, smoothing the hem of her dress down for the second time already.
“Hey stop worrying and just enjoy the journey!” Sarah replied, almost pushing Lexie out of the door and into the taxi that was waiting.
“And don’t come back ‘til tomorrow!” She added as she headed back inside, leaving Lexie with her thoughts and a ten minute journey.

 

A short taxi ride later and Lexie had already gone through ten second thoughts, as the car pulled up outside the entrance; she paid the driver and stood there for a moment. She had no real way out now, she had to go forward; smoothing down the hem of her skirt again as she mentally chastised herself...
“Okay girl...” She began, giving herself THAT look her Mother had taught her.
“You can do this!” She continued, slowly taking the short walk to the now empty shop. Her mind was still racing, part of her wanted it to be Laurence; AKA Mr. Charm. But then there was this huge part of her that long for it to be Benjamin, AKA Mr. Best Friend; the pair had been close for the longest time. It would be fitting if this was the moment they became more than friends, it just seemed right for it to be him; this was him all over. It never occurred to Lexie that it could have been from someone else, she was not expecting it to be from anyone else. And there he stood, ready and waiting for her with a dozen red roses and a soft smile he showed few; the last person she had ever expected to see.

 

“You?” Was all Lexie could manage at first, the shock and surprise a little too much for her to take in.
“Yep, me...” He replied, still smiling even though the doubt was still in his mind.
“You were expecting someone else?” He questioned, not sure how to deal with the thought someone else had her heart now; surely her heart was always his?
“Oh Rowan...” Lexie softly muttered she knew what he meant; she also should have known it was him. She should have seen this coming; it was after all his shop!
“Would you care to join me Lexie?” Rowan softly asked, giving her the first chance to see what lay ahead for her; should she allow tonight to continue of course!

 

Gasping was all Lexie could really do as she looked around the shop, it had clearly been well thought out... candles were everywhere, huge soft rugs and throws all over the floor; loads of cushions and pillows scattered all around too. On a small low table was a lovely finger buffet, some chilled Asti waiting nearby too. From somewhere soft music was playing, and a book of romantic love poems lay by the disused cash desk; here was where most of the pillows were laid out... it was clear that this evening had been created not only with love; but also for the most intimate of reasons, but was Lexie ready for that? Nodding was all it took for Rowan to take the lead, a lead Lexie had been longing for him to take!

© 2013 Nicky Sarti


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on February 28, 2013
Last Updated on February 28, 2013

Author

Nicky Sarti
Nicky Sarti

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom



About
ZOMGosh... How long has it been since I posted on here?!? What am I like? I am so sorry guys! So... I am still here (just about) I am still trying to keep my hand in when it comes to writing etc. .. more..

Writing