Tree of Life ~ Arbour Vitalis

Tree of Life ~ Arbour Vitalis

A Chapter by Nicky Sarti
"

First chapter. (New Edit. Dec 2015)

"

(Opening…)

It is hard to remember who I was, before I became who I am.

I have been known by many names, but the one given to me at birth is still a mystery. I have been saint and sinner, hero and villain; yet none of these explain who I truly am... To the outside world I am the quiet monster, not to be crossed. To my charge I am her hero and companion, the loyal faithful friend. However, to all I am known by only one name. Greywolf the Wanderer.



Chapter One:-

"Why on earth would I want to help you, he's not even my son!" He spat, with venom.

"Because you said you loved me!" She sighed, realising a little too late the truth.

"I did."

"You made a vow to stick by us..."

"I loved you..."

 

 

"Oh what, but not my son?" She half-questioned with shock, surprised she could have got it so wrong...

"It was your fault... You probably only did it for what you could get out of him!"

"Don't be so ridiculous!"

"Is it any wonder his men are coming for you, you deserved it." He said, instantly regretting his words.

 

 

"It was you?" She spat, looking to her beautiful baby boy asleep in the nearby crib. It was not his fault he was embroiled in this mess, yet he was the one who was about to suffer. "You did this!" It was not so much of a question, as statement as she watched him turn his back to her. Now was her time, she saw her chance and took it without thinking; nor caring for the consequences that her actions would cause.

 

 

She had told him many times to keep his sword/long knife safe and away from her child, but now he would regret his own carelessness. Within seconds of his back being turned she had picked up his weapon, and struck him fatally in the middle of his left side. As she thrust the cold sharp steel blade between his ribs and into his cold black heart, she twisted and turned making sure it was buried deep within him. His painful cries brought her to her senses, without thinking she quickly grabbed what little she could and fled all she knew with he beloved son in her arms. 



© 2015 Nicky Sarti


Author's Note

Nicky Sarti
Not sure how to describe this yet. A cross between fictional historical romance fantasy... kinda.
This is a very rough first draft of an idea I have been having for ages. And my summary thingy above sucks!
Hope it is better, any help/advice is most gratefully received.
Picture ~ with HUGE thanks ~ to ultrapunk via deviantART.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A medieval tale of forbidden love amidst a kingdoms fight for survival?

I think you are onto something here - your romantic nature could well have found it's true literary calling me thinks? A good read that makes the reader want more - well done mate!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicky Sarti

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Allan, I really appreciate the comments and compliments, I shall be adding more to.. read more



Reviews

A medieval tale of forbidden love amidst a kingdoms fight for survival?

I think you are onto something here - your romantic nature could well have found it's true literary calling me thinks? A good read that makes the reader want more - well done mate!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicky Sarti

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Allan, I really appreciate the comments and compliments, I shall be adding more to.. read more
the first sentence says a lot because it is strong! I really do like this fantasy style your doing. Cute :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicky Sarti

11 Years Ago

Aww, thanks hun!
Am still working on adding more to this ~ I shall do it when I get more time

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

514 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 31, 2015


Author

Nicky Sarti
Nicky Sarti

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom



About
ZOMGosh... How long has it been since I posted on here?!? What am I like? I am so sorry guys! So... I am still here (just about) I am still trying to keep my hand in when it comes to writing etc. .. more..

Writing