All of a Sudden I am Blind....

All of a Sudden I am Blind....

A Poem by Nicky Sarti
"

Not sure about this... But another attempt at the stuff I talked about in the writing group.

"

Just how it would feel, I can never say.

Just what would go through my mind, I can never guess.

The fear that I may never see again, is a great one.

I cannot imagine how I would cope.

Having something taken from me that I rely upon so deeply.

The things that I could not do, the people I could not see.

I would miss out on the joy of seeing my goddaughters smile.

I could never see that handsome guy again, of that look in his eyes that make me want him so.

To never be able to watch those favourite TV shows, or the crappy soaps I will never admit to watching.

To read the countless books my family and friends have brought me, would be a crying shame.

To miss out on all the “unseen” jokes of the world, that humour is something you could not just hear.

The beautiful scenery this County has, not to mention the Country.

All the place I have been, all the place I have still yet to explore.

But by far the worst thing for me, would be the ability to write.

God how I would miss not being able to do the thing I love more than life itself.

If I was to have one wish, should I be given that one choice; please don’t let me lose all that I hold dear to me...

All of a sudden I am blind, blinded by your love and beauty; allow me this forever.

© 2013 Nicky Sarti


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on March 7, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2013

Author

Nicky Sarti
Nicky Sarti

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom



About
ZOMGosh... How long has it been since I posted on here?!? What am I like? I am so sorry guys! So... I am still here (just about) I am still trying to keep my hand in when it comes to writing etc. .. more..

Writing