Only in Northampton!

Only in Northampton!

A Story by Nicky Sarti
"

Bit of fun... short and sweet. No idea where it goes, but who cares right?

"

“On any other day, that would seem strange!” He said, looking to me with this deadpan expression. And truth is, he was right too! Looking to the scene in front of us, and then back to Jon; I shook my head and turned back to my drink. I could hear the chatter and noise, could clearly hear the commotion outside; but all I really heard was Jon’s faint laughter next to me.


“It’s gonna be a full moon I bet...” He softly whispered, still looking out the window.


“Ya think?” I replied, the sarcasm obvious. Looking up into his blue eyes, there was that moment again; a moment we always seemed to have these days.


“What?” He asked, shrugging his shoulders as if he was genuinely unsure.


“What did you expect from this town?” I asked, not really wanting to have this conversation; I wanted to be back within the safe confines of my book.


“Oh come on... it’s not that bad Lexie!” He comments, as we both look up we see three midgets; two clowns and a pantomime cow (probably called Daisy) walk past the cafe we were sat inside.


“Right... You sure about that?” I say, laughing quietly to myself.


“That happens all the time right?” Jon asks, looking up again; this time he catches sight of a handful of superheroes walking by.


“How long you lived here?” I say, looking up just in time to see a giant book and tree walk past... this was quickly followed by red ridding hood and the wolf; a few sheep and their farmers, (I won’t tell you what they were holding, but it kept in line with the crazies!) what seemed like the entire characters from The Tales of Averon (a great book if you haven’t read it) and a milkshake.


“You were saying Jon?” I said looking to him, how just blinked and looked back.


“I told you Jon... You can never have too many freaks or weirdoes in Northampton!” Smiling at my coffee date, I gave him a quick peck on the cheek as I headed to the counter for another drink; this was going to be one interesting night!

© 2013 Nicky Sarti


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It reads like the start of a story, Nicky, rather than a story in itself. What happens next? I think we should be told.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicky Sarti

11 Years Ago

Thanks Mike, I wanted it to be something like that; glad it worked.
Am not sure if it is the s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on March 7, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2013

Author

Nicky Sarti
Nicky Sarti

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom



About
ZOMGosh... How long has it been since I posted on here?!? What am I like? I am so sorry guys! So... I am still here (just about) I am still trying to keep my hand in when it comes to writing etc. .. more..

Writing