Wed 20th March 2013...

Wed 20th March 2013...

A Poem by Nicky Sarti
"

A day to come...

"
I have this feeling this Wed will be the best and worst day for me.
Sad truth is I feel I will have more to be upset about that I will to be happy about.
The last thing I want to do is start my day with a funeral.
But it is the last thing that I will miss. I could never forgive myself for missing that.
Your kindness and sense of humour are what I will always remember.
Both you and Uncle Dick took me under your wing.
My first meeting will never be forgotten. You both became true friends from day one.
You both spent far too many days defending me from the Odd Couple.
I will never be able to thank you both for that. 
I cannot thank you enough for the comfort you showed me when I had to put a brave face on after putting my dog down ~ that meant the world too!
And to this day, hearing a tiny voice asking to be let out or saying hello; will never be the same again. 
Yet, I must look forward. I shall look forward. Spending time with the people I care about means far too much for it not to... I just hope it will be enough!

© 2013 Nicky Sarti


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on March 18, 2013
Last Updated on March 18, 2013

Author

Nicky Sarti
Nicky Sarti

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom



About
ZOMGosh... How long has it been since I posted on here?!? What am I like? I am so sorry guys! So... I am still here (just about) I am still trying to keep my hand in when it comes to writing etc. .. more..

Writing