Indecision...

Indecision...

A Story by Nicky Sarti
"

A little bit of silliness for my writing group.

"

“I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not so sure!” Surely he would smile now, she thought. But nope, nothing; not even a smirk. This was going to be harder than she thought; he would be a tough cookie to crack that was for sure.


“Ten ton polar bear…” His softly spoken words seemed to come out of nowhere, she wasn’t actually sure he had said them.


“I’m sorry?” She asked, leaning forward slightly and tilting her head as she strained to hear his words.


“Ten ton polar bear…” He said again, only this time a little bit louder.


“What?” She answered, not sure where this was going, but curious now.


“Well it broke the ice didn’t it…?” His dry and droll humour shining through, his famous smile shining through. She too, was smiling; more than she would have normally allowed herself.


“My name’s David…” He began, quickly she shut him off.


“I know who you are Prime Minister!” Her reply was torte; she was into politics, of course she knew who he was.


“What?” He quickly said, his voice low but it was enough for her to hear clearly.


“I’m Prime Minister? Holy bat droppings batman!” The twinkle in his eyes was that of a young carefree man, something that captivated her the moment he had walked into the restaurant. She couldn’t help but smile, she was clearly warming to him and his charm.


“And I’m a Liberal sir…” She spoke softly, adding to the humour of the moment; yet allowing a moment of clarity into matters.


“And?” He asked defiantly, looking around the room filled with many different political bedfellows.


“There’s Labour here too… and some UKIP too!” He offered, adding some much needed humour to the conversation.


“Just because we are from different sides of the cloth, doesn’t mean we can’t get on…” He continued, smiling softly to her as she looked up from her drink and the floor.


“I was asking to sit next to you my dear, nothing more; nothing less…” He went on, trying not to say what he was really thinking; last thing he could admit was how he truly felt.


“I know…” She began, tilting her head again slightly.


“But today a seat next to me, tomorrow you’ll want my vote!” She added, laughing slightly as she silently offered him the seat next to her.


“Then you will be indecisive again won’t you?” He returned, smiling but sticking his tongue out as he did so. He knew she would break, they all did; it was his knack.

© 2013 Nicky Sarti


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

One of you best writes so far Nicky. Very well constructed. Only vaguely if at all fits the brief though my dear!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicky Sarti

11 Years Ago

She is unsure what to say or do...
And I guess that's the kinda idea when you are incisive ~ .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 18, 2013
Last Updated on March 18, 2013

Author

Nicky Sarti
Nicky Sarti

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom



About
ZOMGosh... How long has it been since I posted on here?!? What am I like? I am so sorry guys! So... I am still here (just about) I am still trying to keep my hand in when it comes to writing etc. .. more..

Writing