The Mayor’s Gala Dinner...

The Mayor’s Gala Dinner...

A Story by Nicky Sarti
"

Mayoress is a Mayor's wife. Consort is the Mayor's companion.

"

“Here, let me…” She offers, taking the bow tie he had been struggling to do up for the past five minutes.


“Stop fussing woman!” He returned, flustered and panicked by today’s events.


“I am trying to help you!” She said, looking him dead in the eye and sighing deeply.


“I know… it’s just today…” He replied, looking to her and softly smiling; admiring her kindness.


“And you think I’m not helping right?” She sighed, closing her eyes for a moment; her heart screaming at her to stop.


“No!!!” He spat back quickly, taking her gently by her arms and pulling her closer.


“I need you here tonight…” He softly added, smiling genuinely at her; aware of her doubts and fears.


“I am your consort, where else would I be Mr. Mayor?” She returned, quietly whispering as if he would hear her fears.


“You are my Mayoress…” He corrects, looking over the brim of his glasses with that infamous look of his.


“Consort…” She returned, correcting him once more; curious about his words.


“Mayoress… I want a Mayoress!” He softly said, taking the ring shaped box from his pocket; not taking his eyes from her own.


“Ben?” She first said, then asked as her eyes finally took in the box he held in his hand.


“Alexandra…”  He returned, pulling her even closer; looking in her eyes for the sign he wanted. All she could really  do was nod, tilting her head slightly as he lifted his neck up for her to fix his tie.


“Mayoress then…” Was all Alexandra could say, raising her eyebrows slightly as she finished fixing his tie; ready for tonight’s events… more sure than she had ever been.

© 2013 Nicky Sarti


Author's Note

Nicky Sarti
Not sure about the ending of this, don't think it works very well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on April 6, 2013

Author

Nicky Sarti
Nicky Sarti

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom



About
ZOMGosh... How long has it been since I posted on here?!? What am I like? I am so sorry guys! So... I am still here (just about) I am still trying to keep my hand in when it comes to writing etc. .. more..

Writing