Criminal Dreams.

Criminal Dreams.

A Story by Nicky Sarti
"

(Yesterday I Killed a Man) Part of this month's writing challenge...

"

“Yesterday I killed a man...” She said blankly, stood at the front desk in the local Police station. She was covered in blood, clearly not all her own either; her clothes were ripped and torn.


“Okay...” He managed to blurt out, the young man behind the desk obviously taken aback by what confronted him. He had not been in the job long, he was only nineteen and fresh out of college; this was certainly a first.


“Yesterday I killed a man...” She slowly repeated, blinking but not taking her eyes off of the young unsuspecting PC in front of her.


“Who did you kill?” He asked softly, clearing his throat quietly. He held the chewed Biro in his hands, poised slightly above the pad on the desk; not sure what would come next.


“Him. I killed him yesterday...” She replied, the young PC not taking his eyes from hers; they burned a hole deep within him.


“Who is he?” The PC was hooked now, even if he didn’t want to be; there was no way back now.


“Yesterday I killed a man...” She said again, there was nothing in her eyes as she said it; she was almost lifeless.


“I’m calling my Custody Sergeant...” He said, sighing deeply as he picked the phone up and began to dial the extension number.


YESTERDAY I KILLED A MAN!!!” She shouted as loudly as she could, pulling the gun he never saw until too late; from her pocket. As his short life flashed before his eyes, he tried to reach the panic button. With a squeeze of the trigger and a deafening bang, his life was taken so cruelly from him...

 

Waking with a yelp in a cold sweat, he felt his rapid heartbeat start to slow and return to normal.


“It was just a bad dream...” He said out loud, checking the alarm clock by his bedside; he realised he was already running late. Thirty minutes later, after showering and changing; he was ready to take over from the night shift at work. The day had hardly begun when she walked in, he had not noticed her; too busy planning for the rest of the day ahead and completing his paper work.


“Yesterday I killed a man...”

© 2013 Nicky Sarti


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A lovely idea, Nicky, concisely and engagingly written, I thought. (If you get a chance, see the film "The Tenant" by Roman Polanski, who explores a similar idea with much more alarming results.) I thought it was a little short, lacking in some details. But most enjoyable.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicky Sarti

11 Years Ago

Thanks kindly Mike



Reviews

A lovely idea, Nicky, concisely and engagingly written, I thought. (If you get a chance, see the film "The Tenant" by Roman Polanski, who explores a similar idea with much more alarming results.) I thought it was a little short, lacking in some details. But most enjoyable.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicky Sarti

11 Years Ago

Thanks kindly Mike
Very nice and entertaining Nicky. Only one flaw. I doubt he would call the custody Sargent 'boss'Lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicky Sarti

11 Years Ago

Did I spell it right?
I am REAL bad with some spelling... and we all know that the spell chec.. read more
John Alexander McFadyen

11 Years Ago

No Nicky I did in my rush to get through read requests!
Nicky Sarti

11 Years Ago

Ohhhhh...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013

Author

Nicky Sarti
Nicky Sarti

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom



About
ZOMGosh... How long has it been since I posted on here?!? What am I like? I am so sorry guys! So... I am still here (just about) I am still trying to keep my hand in when it comes to writing etc. .. more..

Writing