Chapter one

Chapter one

A Chapter by K

For millennium, man reproduced and populated Eynope. As they grew, they spread out across the lands to each find a home. One clan, devoted to the land, began to worship Euna. They believed that if given the admiration, she would provide them with plentiful harvests. Another clan, more violent than the rest, worshiped Aenar in time, for he was the strongest god on the land. And finally, the men and women of the land who enjoyed the waters, they worshiped Attyhs. Because of this conflict, the once large intertwined family began to drift away. They settled in the homes they chose, such as Aenar's worshipers, who chose the mountains as their settlement. They built altars to their respected deities, and formulated their own ways to worship them. The young goddess and their brother looked on, pleased by the humans. Euna, grateful for her devoted, bestowed upon them a smidge of the godliness she possessed. Their skin became more ethereal and the length of their lives was doubled. They were given a small fraction of power to denote them from other, lesser beings. These traits were passed on to their offspring, and eventually, these mere mortals were known as elves. She also elongated the tips of their ears so all across the land could see the beauty in the name of Euna. However, the sacrifice was that the childbirth would not be as numerous as before. This had been an argument between mother and daughter, for Euna was worried that this would lose her followers. Marias strictly scolded her that in everything, balance must be had. Yet still, they worshiped Euna.
One day, however, the Lord of Destruction sent his b*****d son down to Eynope with the instructions to make his father proud. Yros swiftly descended upon the land, and the first man he encountered happened to be a young elf by the name of Eldrim. He was the single son of Kyrenic and Solana Vallana. Solana was one of the remaining descendants who could purely trace her lineage back to Ulris. It was a fact that she was secretly proud of, and she passed that flaw onto her child. Yros cajoled the young elf away from the camp, saying he was better than him, since he was a god. With this statement, Eldrim left the camp and followed the invisible deity to a few miles into the woods. Every time he tried to stop and turn back, the adolescent god mocked him. That fueled the elf's rage as well as his stamina. So he continued further and further along. Finally, the god told him to stop. And using his invisibility as a plus, he slammed what appeared to be a thorny vine into the chest of the young elf. Then, chanting an incantation in an language that the elf didn't understand, he shoved him away. "Return to your family." Eldrim, confused and rubbing the spot where the thorns had ripped into his skin, he departed without a look back.
Eldrim swiftly forgot about the attack once back home. He slipped into the cottage they lived in, changed shirts, and then went to mingle with the others.


© 2017 K


Author's Note

K
Let me know what you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on January 8, 2017
Last Updated on January 8, 2017


Author

K
K

TX



Writing
Agape Agape

A Poem by K


The worst pain The worst pain

A Poem by K


Free Free

A Poem by K