Red hoodie

Red hoodie

A Story by Nightstar
"

"Red!" I shouted. "RED!"

"

 High school was the same for any kid, at least that's how it was till the middle of the school year. I do believe I was sitting in class, I don't know which class but a class...maybe third or fourth hour it was the middle of the day. We where learning something about math when the fire alarm went off, everyone and I mean even the teachers looked around to see if it was real or not... sadly it was.

         Smoke started filling the hall as each student tried to reach the door. Looking around I saw her, I made eye contact with her as she ran over to me. We both started to make are way to the door when fire covered our path out. Fear filled my body I knew there where more students then just the two of us, we ran threw the school trying to find any unblocked way out.

         Hall after hall, we soon found a window, looking behind us fire started to fill the room with smoke. The window was big enough to fit each student one at a time. My friend Red at least that's what we called her, she had jet black hair, pail skin and she always wore a red hoodie that's where she got the name Red. Plus she never told us her name in the first place.  Anyway... I looked at Red who was helping me get each kid threw the window, the fire was like our timer each pacing minuet the room filled with smoke. Soon it was just the two of us. I tried to get her out, but Red pushed me harder sending me flying threw the window. 

        Falling but first, I ran back to the window  to help her out. As I reached out to gab her hand, the outside of the building fell, making my hand pull away from the window. "Red!" I shouted. "RED!" Threw the  rubble I could hear in a soft voice. "I'll find another way out."

                                                                        I never saw her again.

           I'm an officer, who watched over the building. It was a high school that had burned down, as I went to look around I talked to some of the teens  to find that a girl by the name of Red hadn't left the building. Kicking some of the dust I looked over the ashes.

         Nothing remained, just black. I'll never forget what happened that day, I went  to talk to the girl who said she had lost her friend in the fire. She described her friend to me in perfect detail, to the way she looked to the red hood she always wore, and to the name Red.

           Walking back to my car I noticed a girl in a red hoodie looking over at the burned building. Thinking back to the girl with the name Red I said in a stern and questionable voice. "Red?" The girl turned to look at me, she pulled her hood up making a smile in my direction with a nod.  When I opened my mouth she put a finger to her lips, as she nodded again she stuffed  her hands in her pocket,turned and walked away. 

          She vanished like smoke at the end of the side walk.  

© 2018 Nightstar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on July 16, 2018
Last Updated on July 16, 2018
Tags: fire

Author

Nightstar
Nightstar

MO



About
Hi, I'm Nightstar a highschool student who just loves to read and write when ever I can. more..

Writing
I'm ready I'm ready

A Story by Nightstar


Embers Embers

A Poem by Nightstar


Sister Sister

A Story by Nightstar