The Dream

The Dream

A Chapter by Nina Marie P.

I have never dreamedabout anything else before but about a man. Unmistakable blue eyes like the sky and black hair just like where the moon and stars are set in a blackened area. It has always reminded me of the Yin and Yang. Darkness and light, evil and good. But somehow he seems to…raid my dreams. Every night or every time my eyes close he is there, holding my hand as I cry beside a piano set on a dim and dark stage. The man beside me stands about 6 feet tall and leans over my small frame as I just sob and sob. Why I am crying, who he is leaves no memory in my mind from my childhood to my present day life. From my memory I haven’t been in any situation which would cause severe mental stress or even an accident.  Sometimes I try to stay awake, avoiding the person who takes my mind and other days I happily fall asleep and dream of the same place that bears no substantial significance in my life. Yet. If it does then senior year would be a great way to kick it off because it’s my last year to be…me.

“Samantha!” Loud footsteps pound behind me as arms hold onto me tightly pulling the air from my lungs. “Rachel…” Rachel beamed, her brown eyes sparkling and her smooth brown hair waving in the fall breeze with a wide smile. “You act like we haven’t seen each other in forever.” I laughed. “Well eight hours…no five…is a super long time you know.” I rolled my eyes, her reaction to see me, or anyone of her friends she practically jumps on them. She is loud, uncaring about what people say bad about her, protective of anyone dear, and she is a great friend. Trustworthy…etc.

“So I am guessing you will be missing me for about 3 periods of the day every day.” Rachel frowned. “Of course. But I have all, well most, of my credits, to graduate so I might see you more often.” She smiled again. Fearless too. “Well I am sure Mrs. Dansunski is pleased to see you again…for the 3rd time. She knows how much you love gym.” Rachel groaned. “Please don’t remind me…my body aches from the workouts my mom made me do over the summer just to pass gym.” I laughed. “I know I was there. Every day.” 

After the bell rang for break Rachel had found her way to me, small arms clung to my back as we waddled through scores of people. I made out way through a table in right back corner, beside the windows and slung my bag on the table. Rachel sat adjacent from me, her small round face smiling as she scribbled in her notebook. I rolled my eyes and rested my head on my bag, "Rachel..." She looked up at me, the smile still on her face. A love struck one. "What?" She giggled, "Who is it?" Rachel set her head on the table, mocking my position. "Aaron Johnson..." I closed my eyes and she laughed again then clicked her pen, I heard the sound of it scratching the paper, the faint scent of ink mixed with the smell of cafeteria food. My eyes felt heavier and heavier as my mind wandered, Rachel poked my arm and a mumbled, "Until it ends...please."

There he was again, cradling my hand, blue eyes gleaming with sympathy and irritation. I was hunched over the piano keys, cold tears rolling down my cheeks as my vision remained bleary. "Samantha..." His voice was smooth, like silk, but still held a raspy tone to it. I shook my head, and I felt pressure in my hand that was swallowed by his. "Don't dwell, just embrace the change." I looked up at the man, angry and sad filled feelings overflowed. I opened my mouth, pushing my voice out but nothing came out. Nothing ever did. I grew frustrated and my head fell low again, more tears falling. "Saman-"

"SAMANTHA!!" Rachel's hand was in mid air, fist balled up in a circle. I jolted upright and gasped, "Rachel..." She smiled a bit and I gathered my things, and waited for her to follow.



© 2011 Nina Marie P.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

-This is Theresa- c:

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. You need to start writing more and adding it to this site so that all of us can get a sample of your amazing writing skills!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Added on July 25, 2011
Last Updated on July 25, 2011
Tags: Teen, Fiction, Romance, Action, Tragety, SiFi, Chapter One Relentless Dreams.


Author

Nina Marie P.
Nina Marie P.

Naugatuck, CT



About
I enjoy reading any kind of stories, although I find myself to be a die-hard romanitc and music lover. Writing is the second most important thing to me. Because without words you cannot communicate.. more..

Writing