Alanna

Alanna

A Story by NecroNinja91
"

Alanna's is something I enjoyed writing though the next is my favorite ..

"

~Alanna

Alanna, born of Thracian blood; born into greatness.

My early life is really rather boring.
I was spoiled, sought after, given all I desired; my father was sure of that.

Upon reaching the age of 16 I grew restless, I wanted more. My elder brother had begun his training the year prior and for some reason I wished to follow him and learn all he was learning, to become like him. To be quite honest he had been my hero throughout my adolescence and now that I was old enough to be like him it was something I wanted more than anything else.

Two years had flew by and as a surprise to all I actually succeeded in learning the ways of war; to wield a sword, shoot a bow. My favorite was our hunting expeditions, I had mastered taking down my own boar. But, you see, those hunting trips were to become like a nightmare.
Upon my eighteenth birthday my father and brother decided they would take me hunting and that the three of us would enjoy the time together, and we did. We were having a lovely time and within an hour I had landed one of the largest boars to have been brought down in quite a long time.
As we began to tie the boar to a large branch I had the oddest feeling, like something burning near the rear of my crania. My curiosity having been great at such an age I tried to think of what it could be and suddenly the boar began to squeal, the most horrifying sound I had and, to this day, have ever heard.
That was the first day I brought something back …

Jump forward again, I’m 21.
The War between the Greeks and Persians has begun and without a doubt in my mind, I am going. I have learned to control that urge to search out the unknown itch, learned to avoid the dead.
Of course my father pointed out that the dead would be all around us and that it wouldn’t be safe, I was told That I could not go. Now as any father that loves his daughter, mine was soft when it came to my tears. I wanted to go so horribly that being told I could not made me angry enough to bring about wave after wave of tears, my father mistook them for sadness.

Deep within the First Persian War, I stood.
Well to be more exact I stumbled, a Persian dagger buried deep in the muscle of my left thigh. In my pain I fought and through it all I continued to succeed until I caught sight of my brother, sword jutting from below his ribs, sprawled upon the dirt. Upon seeing this I stumbled and in stumbling took no notice of the sword hilt that came at my temple.

I awoke surrounded my the screams that I would know any where, A small army of men stood at my feet, ten sets of eyes glaring at me in their torture, who knew I had been the one to drag their souls into their tattered end, for more than half, broken bodies.
I focused on releasing them, willing them to (please) go and be in peace.
Opening my eyes, I saw that it had worked; yet I laid at the feet of a Persian general and the look in his eyes let me know that he would not kill me, he knew of the importance I would hold to them.

I spent six months captured, tortured, broken; every night they attempted to get me to succumb to their wishes, to raise their dead and lead them against the Greeks. After so many weeks of refusing they brought in another woman, this one so dilapidated in appearance I wondered as to what torture they had administered in bringing her to their side.
I came to find out that she was to call him, to call the demon.

They called him forward, a demon I knew nothing of, a being that upon his appearance caused the many “strong” men in the room to flatten themselves to the dripping walls of the cave.

I looked at him, I looked at him and I knew that he knew of me. This dark being before me that I knew I would fear if the pain was not fogging my every thought, he knew deep into my bones.

You see, this demon was brought to scare me; to terrify me into submission and then they thought to cast him back into his hell, he was having none of that.
I was possessed that night, my powers amplified, many new powers born. I was given over to the onslaught of the being that fitted himself inside my very core.
I was to become his, to become the soul he kept company with; I was to become the body that he wondered the earth in.

And so we have lived, for these many years; and so … we are here.

 

© 2010 NecroNinja91


Author's Note

NecroNinja91
Once again .. Don't hurt me ... D:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good story.
Interesting ending...
Nice job.
-Drake

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this much.
Is this some kind of story of history of someones life or is this real??
Nice Written
-Cynthia

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2010
Last Updated on October 28, 2010
Tags: Demon, Fantasy, War

Author

NecroNinja91
NecroNinja91

Defiance, OH



About
Okay, here's me .... in a nutshell ... - I love my daughter I love my baby I love my family I love my friends, especially those who are pretty much family - I love to write I love to draw .. more..

Writing
Katra Katra

A Story by NecroNinja91


Kore Kore

A Story by NecroNinja91