Chapter 2- The Rest of the Beginning

Chapter 2- The Rest of the Beginning

A Chapter by AlexH
"

The rest of the beginning

"

JANUARY 5, 2007

               It’s been two days since I wrote in the journal, my hand got tired so give me a break. In case you’re math impaired like I am, (I mean I was taken when I was seven). I am seventeen now.  I’ve lived with Olisa for ten years, underwater, in the great blue, whatever you want to call this hell hole for evil. I complain a lot for someone who was rescued from an abusive home by a gorgeous mermaid who, besides turning me into a mermaid, has never done anything to harm me. I should probably finish my original kidnapping story for you now. So here it is:

               After Olisa kidnapped me and I figured out she had turned me into a mermaid , she came to me and told me the entire story.

“So you’re tellin’ me you kidnap children with less than ideal lives, turn them into mermaids, and let them live with you until they’re eighteen?” I asked her suspiciously. Why would someone spend their entire immortal lives saving children that aren’t their own?

“That’s basically what I do, yes. I’m only here to help you, Sage.” She moved her hand towards my head. At first I flinched, a normal reaction I thought, she put her hand on top of my head and ran her fingers through my black locks that at the time, nearly reached my shoulders since my mother never had money to cut it, and wasn’t allowed to have sharp objects herself due to house arrest.

               I’ll admit I was terrified. I mean a magical creature had just taken me from my mother and I was only seven. Man that stranger danger s**t would have came in handy. That night I hardly slept, I wasn’t even sure if what little sleep I got was even real sleep since I was a mermaid now and I didn’t know if we even needed sleep. I guess I took the whole being kidnapped and turned into a mermaid thing pretty well. It was better than spending every day terrified one of moms boyfriends would kill me in my sleep, or worse.

               The next year was filled with Olisa teaching me how to fish, or maybe it’s called hunting since I’m a mermaid. I never asked her. She showed me how to move my tail and take control of it, as well as showing me that even though I had gills underwater, when I went to the surface my lungs worked perfectly fine. It was odd at first and wasn’t something that I had figured I would be able to do. In most stories I had read, and yes I read a lot for a seven year old because we couldn’t afford TV. Anyway in most of the stories I had read on mermaids some could transform and others couldn’t, I was never sure of the truth. Olisa told me all mermaids could transform and that I had probably met some in my life.

“Do other magical creatures exist besides mermaids?”

“Oh yeah tons, fairies and s**t, the whole nine yards kid.”

It was pretty sweet to know that unicorns and stuff actually existed. She told me that unicorns were incredibly rare and humans couldn’t see them but if I went on the surface I would be able to see one now that I was a mermaid.

 



© 2015 AlexH


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on July 3, 2015
Last Updated on July 3, 2015
Tags: Beginning, mermaids, supernatural


Author

AlexH
AlexH

AL



Writing