Spectacle de marionnettes

Spectacle de marionnettes

A Poem by Sara
"

For anyone who feels left out of dictating his own life

"
They have it all planned in advance.
A prototypical life for each and every one of us.
An unwritten script for a bestseller.
If you look hard enough, you can see them.
Colorless, slender, yet hegemonic to us all.
There's one on each joint, discretely supervising
if you really go left when it wants you to.
You can try to resist and go right, but you end up tangled.
Once you're tangled, it cripples you and the show is over.
And that's who you remain. A cripple, far away from the spotlight.
Some learn to obey, but never stop screaming inside.
Some manage to convince themselves it doesn't exist.
They become the main characters-- a perfect specimen of subdivision.
I can feel my lines are coming soon, yet I don't agree with any sentence.
I'm trying to resist, but I'm getting more tangled by the minute.
The strings are cutting through my skin and I have a tough decision to make.
Subdue, because the show must always go on, or cut the strings?
Cut them loose and leave the stage forever.
For all of you still hanging (and this is deffinetly not in the script): »BREAK A LEG!«

© 2015 Sara


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

seems in reading we are all quite doomed to our fates ... i kept looking for the "freeing" but none is offered in your poem ... for one who love the stage .. cutting loose and leaving it forever seems a dark place .. and so would be prone to remain the puppet ... hmmmmmmmmm perhaps the cutting of strings is like the people in the cave ... who know nothing else but the cave and fear the light and warmth of the sun .. hmmmmmm life can be so very confusing .. especially these days when so many choices are to be considered ... the confusion and fear and anxiety can cripple for life even :( tragic loss for all eh!? ..i noticed a review you left on emma's pages and the ginger hair of your avatar leapt out at me .. so had to stop to visit :) nice to meet you Sara ...
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sara

4 Years Ago

Nice to meet you too, E! :)
I've been so caught up in my own life that I forgot to pause.. an.. read more
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) well ... its good your back says i!
It reminds me of a poem that I had written about how we have the power to change our lives. Will look for it. As far as this one goes, I like the way you have shown the helplessness we feel everyday as we act as puppet of life. This poem connects with me because I really want to help this person cut lose so they can write their own script with complete freedom.


Posted 8 Years Ago


A most enjoyable and interesting write indeed. I also feel inclined to agree with jacob, there is a certain honesty and freshness about your 'Spectacle de marionettes'. I feel sure I shall visit your pages again. All Good Things, N

Posted 8 Years Ago


we are poets in the play of life...given a script by the muse, whether we like the lines or not.

i guess we are lucky to get the parts we get....but sometimes we seem ruled by the muse/director and wish that we could rewrite the script to suit our leanings and our meanings.

this is a really good first write posted...makes me want to read more...

there is honesty in these words...admittance in a confessional poetry sort of way.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sara

8 Years Ago

thank you so much! I was really self-conscious of sharing, since nobody ever read any of them. I'll .. read more
How do life's orphans meet parents expectations? Just a thought.

You've taken a societal's generational "given" and ran well with it. Seems we each find our own tethers to "snip" as we duck-and-weave to our own tune of existence. A good introduction to you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

Others' expectations for our existence always seem so damn "heavy" but when we really weigh our own .. read more
Sara

8 Years Ago

I agree, but I think the problem is that we use different metric systems
Chris

8 Years Ago

That explains so many nothings... for I fully understood your words and the thought-flow that presen.. read more
How many find themselves on this stage, their lives played out by the puppet master? Too many, perhaps, even if it's just one. I like this and the observations you make: some play the game to survive; some struggle and try to break that bond; some never survive the separation...well-done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sara

8 Years Ago

thank you for reading it! it's the first poem that I shared with well..anyone. It means a lot :)
read more
....................

8 Years Ago

my pleasure...you write well...thanks for sharing!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
6 Reviews
Added on July 18, 2015
Last Updated on July 18, 2015

Author

Sara
Sara

Koper, Slovenia



About
“There is no answer. It's okay. But even if it wasn't okay, what am I supposed to do?” -Raymond Carver more..

Writing
The Usurper The Usurper

A Poem by Sara


The Classics The Classics

A Poem by Sara